Everyone share what your community is like

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hmm. I guess the "men's long hair community" is the one I can attach to, since there really isn't much of a "non-kids puppet community" (yet).

It used to be very tight-knit, with a lot of guys posting monthly updates on their progress as they grew long hair. There were a few charismatic guys who were sought after for advice and they had really high views, but they left the community to cut their hair. Most of the guys who were in the community when I started eventually cut their hair, and in doing so, entirely abandoned their channels.

Nowadays, it's less a community of guys who have channels, but a whole lot of guys who watch long hair videos. They seem to be guys who are just starting to grow their hair and want advice for the first year or so, and so I have turned over the whole viewer base at least once. There are a couple of guys I've had there since the beginning, and that's nice.

Reactions: Lightsen

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
thanks for all the replies everyone! It's really surprising how there are communities on even the most obscure topics, and also really great to hear how close they are. Especially how YouTube seems to be getting a name for itself as a hateful drama filled place, its more of a "the bad few shout the loudest" scenario.

Reactions: Crown

SvenInMotion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I'm with you lol. I love the animation community, people generally seem really chill and accepting. There is no drama which is a really really REALLY nice thing cos it seems to be rather abundant in some parts of youtube.
I do agree about the copycat thing. I myself find some things about my videos very similar to some other big animators, but Im working on it!

P14

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm part of the Geometry Dash and Gaming communities I guess? It's seriously 99.9% male; most are in their teen years. From my experience I'd say that most ppl are very nice, but since it's a big community no one really cares unless you're well known.

Lekjih

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm currently generic LPer, though I prefer story/RPG or the random awesome that MMOs provide. I want to move more into dressing up for games sub-section but just can't yet. My personal community is.... quiet. My subs are occasional commentators, generally other small gamers with equally odd, eclectic tastes.

AdmUp

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
One of the reasons I deleted my old channel was because the community wasn't... great. As long as the community isn't toxic then it's a win.