Editing Help

DisStalker

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So for me I struggle getting into editing my videos. I was wondering if there's any tips to either make editing easier or to make it more fun. Thanks

Sleeping_Lion

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
what ever you do don't use windows movie maker it's CRAP Invest in Vegas Pro goes for £60 on amazon

GadVeen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
So for me I struggle getting into editing my videos. I was wondering if there's any tips to either make editing easier or to make it more fun. Thanks
If your video is just vlogs and you rely on camera's in-built mic for audio, then Windows Movie Maker is sufficient to begin with. But once you want to add b-rolls, or sync audio from different source, then you will hit the limits of WMM as it doesn't have timeline and additional tracks features. I could make my first 5 videos with WMM and soon hit its limits. However, I liked its simplicity and you can give it a shot to get an idea about editing softwares.

Then, I moved from WMM to Lightworks - 32bit free edition, again to test waters of next level of editing softwares. Forget about all medium or advanced features for now in it. It has timeline and can add multiple tracks. This is sufficient for many types of videos to be made.