DSLR or System-Cam? I can´t decide

timister

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
I have an iPhone 6 but I am going to get the iPhone 8 Plus which should have a very good camera

Styxie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
The iPhone 6 already has a good enough camera really.

coliwob

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Which iPhone? You'll be fine shooting with an iPhone, they have great quality.
Yeah, you can just about make a movie with an iphone these days - not sure about the quality but you can even get lenses and stuff from lensbaby i think.

Yea, I checked out your channel and doing pretty good! I really wanted to do a cooking thing a while ago, but like you said camera work on top is a lot to do so I never went through. I'm a producer (the video type not the music type!)
Thanks. Trying to up the game at the moment. Last video, even tho I messed up the lighting - there is too much, not enough and just right all in three minutes xD - and the audio is doing some weird things. I think I get the flow working the way I want it because it didn't take 9 minutes to go through something really quite simple.

Exhausting tho, first time I did it like this and my brain isn't used to it.

Styxie, just use a point and shoot. You only really need two angles. One for you and then one for the food. Nice and simple. Tho, you won't really be satisfied with the results for long.

What videos do you produce?

Hey Guys, many thanks for your answers and tips.

I already have a rode clip-mic which I have connected to my iphone, a tripod for the cam and I bought some lights from ikea. That was a bad idea anyway, I should have bought soft boxes. -.-

Yesterday I was about to buy a used Canon 600d for 120 euros, then I was insecure with the decision and didnt buy it.

I guess, the better way is it to just shoot a proto video and post it here. I already got one, but its not really satisfying to me. Argh...

My channel is btw TimsLiving. If you subscribe, you´ll be my first subscriber, I´d be very very happy about it :)[DOUBLEPOST=1512465235,1512463060][/DOUBLEPOST]hmm. I have copied the link to my channel, and it looks pretty dumb. why is that? what did i do wrong?
I am your first sub. Looking forward to the content. I reckon a 600d would serve you quite well. And, it will be easy to just keep a hold of the rest of the money and save up again if you really want to make a larger investment. I use a 700d. And when I get it right, its really good (Lightworks, which I am using for some reason, will only let me upload in 720p unless I pay. Even tho, I reckon its pretty good, I know more monied channels are doing better tho. One day)

Good luck.

Styxie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yeah, you can just about make a movie with an iphone these days - not sure about the quality but you can even get lenses and stuff from lensbaby i think.

Thanks. Trying to up the game at the moment. Last video, even tho I messed up the lighting - there is too much, not enough and just right all in three minutes xD - and the audio is doing some weird things. I think I get the flow working the way I want it because it didn't take 9 minutes to go through something really quite simple.

Exhausting tho, first time I did it like this and my brain isn't used to it.

Styxie, just use a point and shoot. You only really need two angles. One for you and then one for the food. Nice and simple. Tho, you won't really be satisfied with the results for long.

What videos do you produce?

I am your first sub. Looking forward to the content. I reckon a 600d would serve you quite well. And, it will be easy to just keep a hold of the rest of the money and save up again if you really want to make a larger investment. I use a 700d. And when I get it right, its really good (Lightworks, which I am using for some reason, will only let me upload in 720p unless I pay. Even tho, I reckon its pretty good, I know more monied channels are doing better tho. One day)

Good luck.
Yea things tend to get overlooked. If you're cooking, doing sound, camera and presenting that aint easy.
Point and shoot would do fine if it's something with a changeable lens, just gets you more bang for your buck down the line. I shoot with an A7S2, but that's overkill, a a6300 is perfect for youtube/vlogging. 600D is also great, i've got one. the autofocus on that especially with the stock 18 to 55mm lens is absolute s**t though. And profesional video production, I run my production company speciaising in end to end production, as well as freelance on sets.