Does YouTube give you confidence & help you grow as a person?

xBlazingStar94x

Now by the name of ActuallyEmoTrash
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I ask this because it gave me a little bit more confidence but also a lot of people find comfort in the community. The amount of people that have used YouTube to talk about their life stories is incredible, in my personal opinion.

I am making this thread to read some of your stories and opinions about how YouTube has gave people the opportunity to speak out for themselves.

Reactions: Sabrina

Galvin Lee

The Unique Guitarist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yup. Before doing YouTube, I wasn't that open on social media, of course I do post a lot but I don't interact with others a lot. After doing YouTube, I now know friends from all over the world and I occasionally have a chat with them! :D

Reactions: xBlazingStar94x

Sabrina

I'm going outside now.
Reaction score
Definitely. The act of making and finishing many little projects (videos) gives me confidence, plus the positive feedback from the viewers. And now that I've changed my content to "outside vlogs", it's literally helping me get over my anxiety :)

And I'd never have the guts to talk about my mental health issues if there weren't thousands of YouTubers who did it before me. :thumbsup2:

FearTheReaper

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I ask this because it gave me a little bit more confidence but also a lot of people find comfort in the community. The amount of people that have used YouTube to talk about their life stories is incredible, in my personal opinion.

I am making this thread to read some of your stories and opinions about how YouTube has gave people the opportunity to speak out for themselves.
It has really helped me in terms of speaking to groups of people. Before I would freeze up and for some reason after doing commentaries for so long it has helped quite a bit. Now don't get it wrong it took a while before I started seeing results. I still remember feeling really dumb and awkward talking into a mic all by myself in my room. Also my earlier commentaries were pretty cringy haha. If you took a shot for every "Umm" I said back then you would probably be hospitalized.

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Oh, most definitely. In fact, YouTube literally helped me grow my channel and brand through NextUp. Awesome experience and I couldn't express my gratitude enough.

Creating something of your own takes a lot of courage. Even more so, it takes a lot of effort to be successful on YouTube, and knowing that, you can gauge your willingness to be successful.

Reactions: xBlazingStar94x

xBlazingStar94x

Now by the name of ActuallyEmoTrash
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Definitely. The act of making and finishing many little projects (videos) gives me confidence, plus the positive feedback from the viewers. And now that I've changed my content to "outside vlogs", it's literally helping me get over my anxiety :)

And I'd never have the guts to talk about my mental health issues if there weren't thousands of YouTubers who did it before me. :thumbsup2:
That is one of my favourite things about YouTube, if you speak out, it gives other people the courage to speak out. That is something that YouTube is a good platform for. Rather than just reading articles about mental health issue etc. I like the fact you can see and listen to the emotion in peoples voices as they tell you their story. It takes a lot of courage.

Meli the Speli

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Before YouTube, I had a hard time holding even a basic conversation. I'd either forget what to say, or I'd have a difficult time breathing from the anxiety it would give me. I still have a difficult time holding any type of conversation, but it has gotten better, and the more I upload to YouTube the better it's gotten.

crowny

Reaction score
I've been uploading on my channel DoseOfCrown for about two years now but have been uploading on other channels since 2009. I love YouTube, recently I record myself and contribute in all the newest stuff that tends to trend. It makes me not only a happier person, but a little more confident. I've noticed over the years I've became 104002039320x more social.