Does youtube count views on forum?

Styxie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yes, you are right. I forgot to mention that my vBulletin forum is cloud-based, and the cloud forum software does not have the option to embed (insert html), which means that it needs to be manually inserted by the webmaster.

If a forum software is not cloud-based (installed directly on the server), and has an option to embed html, then as long as people remember to use the "embed" code (not the "share" code), the views will register.[DOUBLEPOST=1512383655,1512382940][/DOUBLEPOST]

Users on my forum use the "share" code, since the forum doesn't allow embedding, and all videos played on my forum register no views. That's when I started to research the difference between the "share" code and the "embed" code, because obviously I want the views to register.

If people are using the "share" code on YTTalk and the played videos are registering views, then that is a good thing. :)
Views when you use the share button all it does is give you a link to the video, views on that register. Maybe you mean something else? Cuz any view that goes through YouTube will register as long as it's deemed to be legit.

RayFieldTech

Reaction score
No, YouTube does not count views on external forums or platforms. the platform only counts views when users watch your video directly on YouTube or on embedded players. Unfortunately, views on external forums or websites where you've shared your video are not included in YouTube's view count. This distinction helps maintain the integrity of view metrics and ensures accurate representation of engagement on the platform. So, while it's great to see engagement on the forum post, the views won't reflect in your YouTube video's view count. To get the most accurate metrics, rely on YouTube's analytics dashboard, which provides detailed insights into your video's performance on the platform. There are some articles online like this one published by Adobe if you want to know how to get ur subs up - https://www.adobe.com/express/learn/blog/how-to-get-youtube-subscribers