Does The Video File Name Affect SEO?

DukWin

Liking YTtalk
So I've heard some rumors lately that the raw filename affects how high it is ranked in the YouTube algorithm. Is this true? Has anyone actually tested this? I'm wondering because there is a line of video information in the Info and Settings section reading Raw file: 'example file name'.

I have no idea, but I would love to know as well! Never heard that before, but it does makes sense that it would.

There was a thread here already where someone was testing this whether the Raw files meta data affected SEO, damn i'll try find it.

So I've heard some rumors lately that the raw filename affects how high it is ranked in the YouTube algorithm.
It works but only on Friday 13th.

Seriously, it's not true. The filename might give YT additional keywords but the relevant ones should be in your title/tags/description anyway.

Looking at it from a logical stand point - it should effect it. If it actually does? Not sure. Even if it did, it is such a small factor and small section of the metadata of a video that it would be marginal at best. The title, description and keywords/tags have a much larger impact. I would imagine any impact metadata has (i.e the title of the raw file) would be insignificant in comparison to tags, titles and descriptions.

All that said, that is just how I view it.

This is a myth. Checkout Tim Schmoyer's (video creators) videos for answers to this type of stuff.

Back