Does Fake Engagement Affect Monetization?

Elf Girl

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I once engaged in view4view but then I realized it wasn’t legit and I deleted affected videos. However, view4view is still shown as one of the external sources in analytics even though the videos have been removed. My question is, will the bad record affect my application for YouTube Partner Program in the future? I’ve never received any strike. Also the external sources only counts for less than 1% of total traffic. The monetization policy states that deleted videos don’t count as views and watch hours, but I’m still quite worried. Has anyone been approved for YPP despite the once fake engagement?
Thanks.

CoreyPlays

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Guys,

I once engaged in view4view but then I realized it wasn’t legit and I deleted affected videos. However, view4view is still shown as one of the external sources in analytics even though the videos have been removed. My question is, will the bad record affect my application for YouTube Partner Program in the future? I’ve never received any strike. Also the external sources only counts for less than 1% of total traffic. The monetization policy states that deleted videos don’t count as views and watch hours, but I’m still quite worried. Has anyone been approved for YPP despite the once fake engagement?
Thanks.
On your analytic page it says View4View? Under the reach tab? I've never seen such a thing. But one way you can check is by going to the "Monetization" tab on the left and if everything is green you are good to go.