Does anyone notice an increase in their discovery once monetised?

PunchbowlGaming

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys!

I have been worried recently if this is the case. Having a channel of 600 subscribers I have been monetising for a while. However I now have a second channel of nearly 190 subs and fast approaching 10,000 views.

I now am debating whether to activate the monetisation at 10,000 views or leave it for the moment. I know I wont get much money and my past argument was whilst we are small we don't want to discourage people from watching our content by putting ads in.

However, I am now wondering if YouTube puts preference to those channels that do allow adverts, and therefore making you more easily discoverable. Has anyone got an evidence or experience to suggest this?

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys!

I have been worried recently if this is the case. Having a channel of 600 subscribers I have been monetising for a while. However I now have a second channel of nearly 190 subs and fast approaching 10,000 views.

I now am debating whether to activate the monetisation at 10,000 views or leave it for the moment. I know I wont get much money and my past argument was whilst we are small we don't want to discourage people from watching our content by putting ads in.

However, I am now wondering if YouTube puts preference to those channels that do allow adverts, and therefore making you more easily discoverable. Has anyone got an evidence or experience to suggest this?
I don't have personal experience with this, as this channel isn't monetised (haven't reached 10K views yet) and my previous channel was monetised since it started, but I have seen other people show graphs of when their videos get demonetised and their view counts immediately drop. I would recommend just experimenting with it for a couple or weeks and see if ads make a difference and then you can go from there. Either way though people are very used to ads on videos now anyway so I doubt that it would discourage many people, and for those sorts of people they'll probably have an ad-blocker on or have YouTube Red if it's available to them.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the networks / monetization forum. :)