do you think there is a stigma with smaller channels

Snake delta

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
being a smaller youtuber myself 440 subs to date, and take up to a month to edit each of my videos always strive for the best quality possible, always wondered if a lot of the smaller youtubers only make high quality content feel there channels are stigmatized because they are a small channel and people just pass by because they don't have 100,000 subs, was just a question, and wanted to put it out there. Personally I think my channels just lost in the tens of millions of channels out there good ones and a lot of bad spamming ones youtube Growth will take 10 years to grow your channels

for me i enjoy my hobby , and making short movie style stories even if only one person watched them , well i know at least i can fill a cinema and I'm over the moon with every one of viewers top banana's :) TheSnakeDelta

RiffRaff

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
I think it's fairly evident that small channels are at a disadvantage in regards to the psychology of the masses. But it's the same stigma everyone starts with even the now successful channels. Don't forget now you're in a market that is hugely saturated (youtube channels in general). I think the things that you can control you have to work hard at and make smart decisions? And ultimately be persistent. One of our videos went viral the other day facebook, and this was literally due to my persistence in talking to large facebook pages

Reactions: ShyGirlGetsLoud

Inspirare

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When I see a channel I know I'm more likely to subscribe to it if it has more subscribers. My thinking is that I can be sure that the person will continue to post content because they have a lot of subscribers. What I've found in the past is that smaller channels tend to stop posting more often than larger channels. I know it's really ironic considering my channel is pretty small but I suppose that's just how I think.

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
people are sheep, sheep follow sheep.

Kirgle

"taking a swipe at everything"
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Im sure some people do pick channels by subscriber count.
Although I must say I would find that really odd.

I tend to just search for the topic I want then watch a bunch of videos until I find one that hooks me. If it REALLY appeals to me then I may subscribe.

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
People are sheep, when a video goes viral people love it because everyone else loves it. Hence usually when someone is in need of help, one person will only help when the other does, or someone joins a fight, everyone else will. It's kind of dumb but just keep making videos. That's all you can do!

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think the YouTube algorithms have more to do with people not being led to smaller channels than any inherent bias to smaller channels. I think the average YouTube viewer isn't all that aware of channel size, in my opinion. We're a unique sort, being creators, because we pay a lot of attention to things like subscribers or views or whatnot, but I think most people who are looking for videos will just stop on the things that search and suggested videos lead them to, so channel size affects that more than snobbiness.

Reactions: Mirandapanda

Kirgle

"taking a swipe at everything"
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think the YouTube algorithms have more to do with people not being led to smaller channels than any inherent bias to smaller channels. I think the average YouTube viewer isn't all that aware of channel size, in my opinion. We're a unique sort, being creators, because we pay a lot of attention to things like subscribers or views or whatnot, but I think most people who are looking for videos will just stop on the things that search and suggested videos lead them to, so channel size affects that more than snobbiness.
^^^^ This.
Half the battle is getting recognized by the Algorithm. After that size dosnt matter so much. In fact things like Thumbnails probably matter more for people choosing what to watch.

Hiroto

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yea I remember before I started youtube, and I didn't even look at youtubers under 100,000 subs. But I think we still must prevail through this because one, we love making videos, but two numbers shouldn't define a youtuber!

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I know how ya feel . I always try to make a video that is comparable to tv level quality, but the only way to get bigger is to keep making it, right?

Reactions: Snake delta