Commentary Discourse: A debate/conversation based Talk Show

Slumpy5

Reaction score
So I've noticed a huge problem online, and that is that a lot of people aren't willing to have a civilized debate/conversation with someone that has a different opinion than them. Similarly to what Jubilee does, I want to start a series that is a non-formal debate/conversation between 2-4(Numbers are open to change) with differing opinions on whatever the given topic is. I'm not necessarily looking for guests/debaters, but people who are willing to help form the idea and be apart of the project. I only have a rough outline of what I want it to be, and I am still trying to figure out the best format.

Some of the ideas I have:

I want there to be a moderator who can remain impartial in the debate. I know it is nearly impossible to find someone who is truly impartial, but someone who will not participate in the debate and can be unbiased while keeping the conversation on track.

Not just 2 POVs on the subject. I feel that a more centrist POV on any given topic is often left out of the conversation, leading people to think that opinions have to be Black and White.

Diversity. I want there to be people of different upbringings/backgrounds, race, religion, gender, age, etc.

Conversation outside of the show itself. I don't want this to just be a show, I want it to spark up conversation away from the show itself, whether that be in the comments, a subreddit, a Discord, or whatever form it may take. Similar to how Philip DeFranco says his show "isn't just a show, it's a conversation"

I want any and all suggestions for this idea. If you would like to get involved, you can reply on here, but the best way would be to join the Discord server I created for this project. I don't want this project to fall apart because too many people get involved so I can't guarantee that everyone who wants to get involved will be able to. I still want advice and inputs from anybody willing to give it! Thank you all!

Discord: discord.gg/cTxCp9z
Note: not associated with the YouTube channel connected to this account

Reactions: OnyxYT

huntermourad

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
hay i like you're project and you're ideas my Skype name and channel name are mourad afassi BTW i'm moroccan