Did you ever get a STRIKE on a YouTube video?

TechBud

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
hey YTtalk family,

I started a YouTube Channel couple days, and after uploading my third video to the channel, few minutes later I received a notice with a strike for "having inappropriate content". I download tech videos and tutorials.... so obliviously that wasn't the case. I appealed the decision and now im waiting for the response from YouTube.

Did any of you YTtalk family had same experience before?

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Scandinavian Freckles

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi there :) !!
Did you say something in the video maybe? There are some new rules that are pretty strict when it comes to language in videos so it might be that.
I hope it gets solved, did it effect your channels standing?

TechBud

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey there!

no not really, hopefully it will be solved soon, and they said if i get another strike it will effect my channel, but im still waiting for the appeal decision and hopeful it was just a mistake from youtube.

ColbzVlogz

YouTube sensation
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Personally I've had videos that got in-monetized because of copyrighted songs in them or content that shouldn't be in them like certain types of clothes or a belt or something but I don't know if I ever got a "strike" for that. I know that after 3 strikes your account gets shutdown though.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the copyright / legal forum. :)

TechBud

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How do they even inform you if there's a strike? Just curious
They will send you a notification on your YouTube channel and put a note under your video on video manager.[DOUBLEPOST=1480647084,1480647027][/DOUBLEPOST]I just got their response right now.
It was a mistake. They informed me that I didn't break any guidelines rules and the video is back online and no strike on my acc :)[DOUBLEPOST=1480647151][/DOUBLEPOST]
Moved to the copyright / legal forum. :)
Sorry about that, I'm new here :)

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
@TechBud So am I!

The only two strikes I've ever gotten was one in 2015, when a rights management company refused a dispute on a copyright-claimed video whose soundtrack contained nature sounds obtained from a Virtual Studio Instrument. The company filed a DMCA Takedown which resulted in an immediate strike on my channel, and I sent an immediate counter-notice, which forced them to either file suit, or YouTube would have to release the video. They didn't file; the strike was removed and the video restored.

The second strike was much earlier; 2013, I believe. The BBC itself struck a Public Domain video from the NASA Archives I had uploaded to one of my channels, saying it was from a documentary they had broadcast on TV. A worldwide block was placed, and my account went into bad standing. I emailed the BBC's copyright department, asking the title of the documentary; along with its production schedule and broadcast dates. I was given a broadcast date of October, 2010. I asked them how could my video be from their production when my upload predated their broadcast by over 4 years? Upload date for mine was August, 2006.

With the BBC literally having no leg to stand on, an apology was emailed and the strike and worldwide block released.