Could You Guys Recommend Me Some Good Video Editors?

NickNobody847

Reaction score
Could You Guys Please Recommend Me Some Good Video Editors So I Could Edit My YouTube Videos And My TikTok Videos?

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have used Premiere for years. In some ways I regret it, 20 bucks a month is what it is. I use it enough to justify it though. Like most companies, they go in cycles. For 6 months it works famously. Then it gets updated. The next time I use it, I have rendering issues with the Media encoder, the scrub bar disappears until you reload the project again and not to mention the untimely crashes (which have been much better lately). The a few updates through a few months it get resolved and it works good again.

In the industry, and it's just from my point of view, Adobe Premiere is the industry commonplace (and After Effects) - anytime I collaborate it is with people using Premiere or AE. Rarely do I hit Sony Vega or god forbid, final cut (always tons of issues with that one).

Heard good things about Hitfilm too.

BuildALot Acres

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I know very little about editing, but my daughter and I use Imovie on my Iphone which is free. Seems to be decent editing software, but like I said, I'm far from an expert on the topic. The first few videos we used Kinemaster which was also free, but it left a watermark during ther entire video, and was very limited for music choices and whatnot.

xBlazingStar94x

Now by the name of ActuallyEmoTrash
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Free: Davinci & I believe Hitfilm Express is also free.
Paid: Adobe Premiere and Sony Vegas Pro

Adobe Creative Suite
if you can afford to pay for it is the best editing software for me. It is really good for round tripping between each programme. Sony Vegas Pro was also one that you can pay for, that slightly cheaper than Adobe but it crashed on my PC a few times. It was the video editor I learned to edit with many years ago though.
If you are looking for something for free, I would suggest DaVinci. I used it for colour correction in university but you can use it for editing timelines I believe. Also I am sure I used one called Hitman Express. I am almost certain it was free but I haven't used it in a long time.

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Free: Davinci & I believe Hitfilm Express is also free.
Paid: Adobe Premiere and Sony Vegas Pro

Adobe Creative Suite
if you can afford to pay for it is the best editing software for me. It is really good for round tripping between each programme. Sony Vegas Pro was also one that you can pay for, that slightly cheaper than Adobe but it crashed on my PC a few times. It was the video editor I learned to edit with many years ago though.
If you are looking for something for free, I would suggest DaVinci. I used it for colour correction in university but you can use it for editing timelines I believe. Also I am sure I used one called Hitman Express. I am almost certain it was free but I haven't used it in a long time.
I think you meant Hitfilm Express. My sister uses it and she likes it. Mind you she has ever used any other editing program before, but she is using it successfully.

xBlazingStar94x

Now by the name of ActuallyEmoTrash
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think you meant Hitfilm Express. My sister uses it and she likes it. Mind you she has ever used any other editing program before, but she is using it successfully.
Yeah I put the right name the first time but the second time I wrote it I was thinking of a completely different programme lol, it is a decent program for free use

Reactions: JayZippo