Copyrights in games

FuriousBabo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What do you do when you get copyrights strikes? Some games, like Life Is Strange, are full of copyrighted stuff! Do you keep the video, mute that part or is there other way to "fight" it?

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
H3H3 Made a perfect video on how to deal with this Titled "The DMCA Process explained"

Assuming you are using fair use you should just follow the advice in that video and you will be fine, a lot of big companies would rather just accept the fact you are arguing than try to push it further.

I'm going to assume you are using it in fair use and everything you are doing is safe you should be able to fight it and be fine. :)

Good Luck!

Reactions: FuriousBabo

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
If it is copyright music I tend to take it off the video, like in GTA all the music is copyright so I would just turn off music just in case same with other games. I gotten claims in some like the nintendo songs but other than that I have never gotten a copyright for music in general lol tough I don't play so many games on my channel yet. This might help with some of the copyrighties

http://wholetsplay.com/

FuriousBabo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If it is copyright music I tend to take it off the video, like in GTA all the music is copyright so I would just turn off music just in case same with other games. I gotten claims in some like the nintendo songs but other than that I have never gotten a copyright for music in general lol tough I don't play so many games on my channel yet. This might help with some of the copyrighties
I usually let them on the game but I don't know what's the best solution. Thanks though :D

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
I usually let them on the game but I don't know what's the best solution. Thanks though :D
It really depends, if it a soundtrack of the game and the game is allowed to monetize you wont get a claim/copyright. But if it is a song you would most likely hear outside or from a company that is like welll uhhh no or something like that you will most likely get one lol

FuriousBabo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It really depends, if it a soundtrack of the game and the game is allowed to monetize you wont get a claim/copyright. But if it is a song you would most likely hear outside or from a company that is like welll uhhh no or something like that you will most likely get one lol
the problem is, everytime i get that, it says i can't monetize that vídeo (not a big deal because i'm not even making money with youtube). i just get p****d because it's my work and my effort lol my channel is so small and i'm such a noob in these stuff xD

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
the problem is, everytime i get that, it says i can't monetize that vídeo (not a big deal because i'm not even making money with youtube). i just get p****d because it's my work and my effort lol my channel is so small and i'm such a noob in these stuff xD
Lol it's normal to get p****d off happened to me when I was starting (Look at me saying this stuff when I have barely over 1.5k subs and don't manage to move from it) in which videos that happens? and are they claims?

FuriousBabo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Lol it's normal to get p****d off happened to me when I was starting (Look at me saying this stuff when I have barely over 1.5k subs and don't manage to move from it) in which videos that happens? and are they claims?
lol for how long are you making youtube? cuz i've 79 and i'm not moving from this -.- it happened on party hard and happens in almost every life is strange video i make...

GeekyNet

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It depends on the game. World of Warcraft and Overwatch (both by Blizzard) both allow gameplay videos with sound on, BUT their cinematic videos are off limits because a separate entity creates those cinematic videos...

If you're unsure, ask the game devs/support or see if they have a copyright statement online.