Copy-cats

aarondafish

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Okay, so i met this one youtuber about a week ago. And at first, he seemed pretty cool, but then i noticed he was copying me. I dont know if this is just a coincidence but, the ytber started signing off like me, and now looks like hes posting on the exact same days as i am. It just makes me angry, what do you think?

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wow. That seems odd. Copying gets you nowhere. Maybe he is doing it subconsciously and doesn't realize he is doing it. Or maybe he just looks up to you.

Reactions: aarondafish

Commander Skull

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer, Cartoonist, Animator
Over the years I have had to deal with a lot of copy-cats... take it as a flattery, someone else wants to be just like you.
But on the other hand it can get a bit annoying... and depending on how far it goes you may want to take some preventive action against it or just talk with the person and let them know that flat out copying is wrong and they need to be themselves.

Reaction score
As long as he's not stealing your videos I would say you should feel flattered someone wants to copy you because they must look up to you or something just my opinion tho.

Mogawty

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
No offense, but as a channel with about 100 subscribers, it's VERY unlikely someone is purposefully copying you. People copy others to try and get the same success, which isn't all that apparent yet. Posting on the same days could easily be coincidence, and I'm not sure what you mean with "signing off." If it's like a very detailed closing message, then he could very well be copying, but something like "peace out" or similar could also be coincidence.

Why do I care so much?

A guy in the same niche, much smaller than I am was accusing me of copying him, starting drama in the comments section of my videos, etc... It really p****d me off especially because I never even watched this guy's videos.

aarondafish

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Wow. That seems odd. Copying gets you nowhere. Maybe he is doing it subconsciously and doesn't realize he is doing it. Or maybe he just looks up to you.
I never thought of it that way, i thought he was doing it on purpose[DOUBLEPOST=1471212344,1471212174][/DOUBLEPOST]
No offense, but as a channel with about 100 subscribers, it's VERY unlikely someone is purposefully copying you. People copy others to try and get the same success, which isn't all that apparent yet. Posting on the same days could easily be coincidence, and I'm not sure what you mean with "signing off." If it's like a very detailed closing message, then he could very well be copying, but something like "peace out" or similar could also be coincidence.

Why do I care so much?

A guy in the same niche, much smaller than I am was accusing me of copying him, starting drama in the comments section of my videos, etc... It really p****d me off especially because I never even watched this guy's videos.
Yeah, maybe. Thats stupid! Maybe the guy just did it for attention? After all, there is a lot of youtube drama for attention XD[DOUBLEPOST=1471212390][/DOUBLEPOST]
Over the years I have had to deal with a lot of copy-cats... take it as a flattery, someone else wants to be just like you.
But on the other hand it can get a bit annoying... and depending on how far it goes you may want to take some preventive action against it or just talk with the person and let them know that flat out copying is wrong and they need to be themselves.
Thank you for the advice! :D

Reactions: Mogawty

haley&connor

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Copying is the best form of flattery ;) is that some sort of saying?!?! lol! Copying is pretty annoying