Zydash

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi everyone,
I'm not gonna lie, ever since I surpassed 100 subscribers, I had completely forgotten about YT-talk until today. I've been gaining subscribers at a decent pace but I know that I can do better. I know what I can do, which is make very unique content. However, it's tedious to do so with all these channels that have picked up ground from years ago when I was very young. I upload gaming content but I need a way to make it unique in a way to get new viewers and subscribers begging for more. I need your ideas. Whether it be commentary, content, video rituals, shoutouts, anything. What has worked best for you? What has no YouTuber done before? Your input is appreciated. Have a wonderful day everybody!

Dismal Bliss

www.BDRC.tv
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Well, until you find a way to reinvent the wheel, I say stick with what you do best, and even imitate those who inspire you. But do note that imitate and copycat are not the same thing.

For example, I am part of a religious organization where there are a limited number of Sunday sermon outlines. However, there are an almost limitless supply of qualified public speakers. You can have 2 speakers give a talk based off the same outline on back to back Sundays and nobody will know it was the same discourse, because everyone does their own research, puts in their own perspective, takes their own approach, and has their own teaching style.

It's the same with music. I play several instruments and am in a band, but we all draw inspiration from the artists we love already.

I feel the same thing happens among content creators here at YouTube. You can do what you love to do and make it your own, even if it has been done already - technically speaking.

I am currently trying to find my niche between vlogging, tutorials, tech reviews, and pranks. Maybe I will never actually settle into just one of these areas, but keep on having a mixed bag.

YouTubers United Podcast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi everyone,
I'm not gonna lie, ever since I surpassed 100 subscribers, I had completely forgotten about YT-talk until today. I've been gaining subscribers at a decent pace but I know that I can do better. I know what I can do, which is make very unique content. However, it's tedious to do so with all these channels that have picked up ground from years ago when I was very young. I upload gaming content but I need a way to make it unique in a way to get new viewers and subscribers begging for more. I need your ideas. Whether it be commentary, content, video rituals, shoutouts, anything. What has worked best for you? What has no YouTuber done before? Your input is appreciated. Have a wonderful day everybody!
There's a Strategy Let's Player named Drew who I've been watching recently. He adds a little vlog style intro and outro that lasts about 10-20 seconds in which he explains what he's doing this episode and what kind of drama awaits. It sounds cheesy but it actually works really nicely.

Reactions: Zydash

Zydash

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
There's a Strategy Let's Player named Drew who I've been watching recently. He adds a little vlog style intro and outro that lasts about 10-20 seconds in which he explains what he's doing this episode and what kind of drama awaits. It sounds cheesy but it actually works really nicely.
Hmm, sounds like it does. Thank you so much for the suggestion :)

Keyser Reveal

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I agree with sticking to what is working. Gaming..Let's play seems like a hard niche to be creative or vastly different with...really I guess that could be said with almost any niche. I merely look at others with success in niche and do basically the same thing with a slight touch of my style. Ultimately you should do it how you feel most comfortable. It makes things easier on you and comes across more natural. Good luck

Turk-Lvlone

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If you're growing then you're doing good, there's a lot of competition with let's plays so the growth will be slower than a completely unique idea. But it sounds like what you've been doing is working.

MutantCreeper36

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What you should try doing is going onto websites like Kizi since they have lots of random games that probably don't have many videos for yet so just go onto those kind of websites and look around until you find something that looks interesting.