starylize

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
hello yttalk community! i'm having a problem with my editing my hd video on my computer. my computer can't process HD video well and i've used hit film 4 express, and movie maker but when i import my video it becomes pixelated or lags. should i get a new computer?

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
If it used to, there might be more than just the hardware. I suggest you clean it a bit to clear Hard Drive space, then defragment the HD and see if the issues persist. In case back up everything and reinstall the operating system.
If the issues are still there then yes, I'd say it's the time to change PC with a more powerful one.

Reactions: Kiall and Sarah
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Second that, if it's something that used to be okay, you probably want to try clearing some space do a virus scan, and if that doesn't work.. find a tech site forum, and post your computer specs..

AM2PM

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Can you tell us what the specs of the machine are? Processor, Video card, RAM etc. If it's windows, go to the run command and type dxdiag. This will give you all the info we need.

Most modern machines should be able to at least work with HD to a base level. What are you trying to do to it? Are you rendering it out and then it gets pixelated? How do you import it? Does it look the same when you view the file on your machine?

starylize

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Can you tell us what the specs of the machine are? Processor, Video card, RAM etc. If it's windows, go to the run command and type dxdiag. This will give you all the info we need.

Most modern machines should be able to at least work with HD to a base level. What are you trying to do to it? Are you rendering it out and then it gets pixelated? How do you import it? Does it look the same when you view the file on your machine?
spec.JPG
I attached a photo of my computer specs, and I am importing it by my SD card, and then opening the file in Movie Maker. Then when I try to edit the video it starts lagging and is pixelated. The same happens when I import it into Hit Film 4 Express.

iGM

That Scottish Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Some editing software will lag if you do not have enough RAM dedicated to its processing. Also, your processor may be bottle-necking the video render process as it is a 1.8GHz (especially if you computer is a few years old, as technology does degrade over time). Same could be said with your RAM chips, if you have not upgraded in a while you may be getting less performance from them due to overuse (it happens to all of us eventually)