Comments that appear in my notifications (bell), sometimes do not appear in my videos / disappear! (Anyone else had this issue?)

Anyone heard or experienced this problem before?

• Total voters

modchris

Reaction score
When viewing comments using the notification bell, I can see the comment - but when I come to click on it to reply (the new feature that let's you reply within the notification box) it just comes up with an empty box. I also then try to view it on the YouTube video itself, it's not there. I check it on the creater studio comment section, it's not there (and it's definitely not under Spam / Held for review before I get suggested that!)

I also know for a fact it's not the users fault, because a. I can still access their channel (so not a deleted channel case), b. it's not a deleted comment situation by the poster (as I've checked with some people and they've said they never deleted their comment)
Any help would be appreciated! I've tried everything, and it's getting incredibly frustrating now...happening for a few months now. I've attached a image to show the issue.

Attachments

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
iv had it happen and then was able to find it in the held for review or potential spam folder. its also possible they might have made a comment and then removed there own comment

ASMR Zelda

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah, they're usually in the Held for review section

modchris

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, however as mentioned I've checked with multiple people and it happens so much it wouldn't always be a case of the person deleting the comment, especially as I've tried the view the comment within a minute on some occasion. I've also checked the spam folder etc / held for review multiple times with no luck.
So honestly I'm lost as to why this keeps happening.

ASMR Zelda

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Random thought, but have you checked other comments? I recently had this happen to me and couldn't for the life of me find the comment. Until I finally discovered that it was a reply left on another comment. But YouTube just showed it in my notifications as a comment.
Could be totally unrelated, but thought I'd let you know

modchris

Reaction score
Random thought, but have you checked other comments? I recently had this happen to me and couldn't for the life of me find the comment. Until I finally discovered that it was a reply left on another comment. But YouTube just showed it in my notifications as a comment.
Could be totally unrelated, but thought I'd let you know
Wish it was but definitely not, they’re all comments on my videos I’ve uploaded

Gits and Shiggles

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have an issue where It says I have double the amount of comments or subs I actually have/gained. So the notification bell will have like 8 notifications, but I'll actually only have 4 new comments.