Commenting strategy for singer/musician

GirlFriYeah

Reaction score
I am a musician/singer and I am trying to build my following as well as get more views of my music videos. I do understand that by getting involved in the community you can drive traffic back to your channel and videos. Problem is, I am not sure how to do this without sounding spammy.

For instance, say I put out a cover song of a big hit on Billboard, and I want to share it with others. There are always other singers making covers, and some of them have millions of followers, and I would like to target these people. But how? I am afraid if I say "I like your track! Please come listen to my version" or "Wow her version was great, I did a cover too please listen on my channel" that it will be seen as spammy.

Does it sound spammy? If so, what would you say that would drive traffic back but not be spammy sounding?

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Yeah, that sounds too spammy, imo. :/ I just comment nice, genuine, thoughts on similar videos. Other viewers upvote my comment, or they are "hearted" by the YouTuber, and then my comment sits towards the top of a long list of comments. People are curious about others, and will click on your username if you aren't sounding too spammy in your comment.

When I go on a "comment-spree," I notice a spike in views on my own channel....It could be anything, but I think it has to do with commenting nice stuff.