Comment or nah

I think it´s normal. Commenting is one of the hardest things to get people to do:) Think of the big effort they got to go through. It is not just hitting a button like (LIKE BUTTON) NO you got to think of something clever to say and then write the comment too:)Maybe if you make a video at some point that provoke a lot of people they will comment.

You could have a video with over 5k views and get just a few comments. It can be difficult to get comments.
I've learned that people are more likely to comment if:
A. You also comment on someone else's content. They then might check your video out and drop a comment.
B. If there are some comments already on your video, others seems to be more willing to drop a comment as well.

You could use that strategy of checking out some other smaller channels and dropping some feedback in the comments. They may check your content out and comment as well. And that could influence others to comment too!

Yeah, but that usually happens if you bought any subscribers
Oh I aint buy any I'm just trynna figure out what
I think when it comes to comments it's more dependent on the number of people that have watched your videos than the number of subscribers you have. So there's no need to worry if you get 10 or 20 views and no comments but if you're getting like 2000 views and no comments, then that's highly concerning. Don't worry about it too much just yet. As your channel grows, I'm sure more and more people will start commenting :)
thanks

As already mentioned it depends view numbers and the topics and the point of view of the videos. But it also depends if you are an active youtube viewer who is also commenting contents of other youtuber.

Some days I get lots of comments (50), some days I get very few comments(5) and I average over 100'000 views a day.

I mention it now and then, usually by asking a question or asking their opinion on stuff that was in the video, start a conversation or discussion going in the comment section.

I always leave the first comment and ask a question. Then I pin it to the top.

If you have family/friends willing to support your channel, ask them to watch/like/comment on your videos.

When people understand that it helps you, they're more likely to offer their help.

Good luck!

so I pretty much think I got the fundamentals of a successful YouTube channel. Thumbnails, titles descriptions you know the whole nine. However I don't get comments not even one and if I do it's a spam comment. I'm doing what's suggested ask questions, tell your audience to comment blah blah. I know my views are not high but to have over 200 subs and no one comments is strange to me. Or maybe this is normal someone please give me some advice on this
Have you tried asking your subscribers/viewers any questions?
Maybe ask in description section or ask a question to the viewers in your videos.
Also maybe do a poll with your email list (if you have one)
All of this might help generate comments.
My personal experience - every upload gets at least 15 - 20 comments with viewers asking me questions. I usually answer promptly so as to encourage them to comment and ask more questions the next time
Hope it helps!

Comments are a source of entertainment and encouragement, and it's great getting feedback from the fans, although we don't always take their suggestions, it's cool to see what people are responding to. However, the comments represent a very small portion of overall views. I think that's normal for all channels.

Back