Coming out of your shell.

Altairsfriend

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
I have just begun my journey with YouTube so I don't have that many tips, but I know that in order to do well on this site you must come out of your shell. People like to watch videos of confident creators doing what they love. If they sense you are being reserved then they may say screw it and move on to some big youtuber that can scream at the camera with ease. I only have a few videos, but even I can see difference between my confidence in my first video versus my latest one. That is part of the reason I am doing this, to increase my confidence in speaking to a audience.
In short shed your previous shyness and get out there! Who knows you might find out just how out going you are!

princessofarizona

Reaction score
very true. i'm sure my shyness is what's holding me back but i agree with you that youtube is a good way to increase comfort in public speaking. that's my goal. good luck!

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I have just begun my journey with YouTube so I don't have that many tips, but I know that in order to do well on this site you must come out of your shell. People like to watch videos of confident creators doing what they love. If they sense you are being reserved then they may say screw it and move on to some big youtuber that can scream at the camera with ease. I only have a few videos, but even I can see difference between my confidence in my first video versus my latest one. That is part of the reason I am doing this, to increase my confidence in speaking to a audience.
In short shed your previous shyness and get out there! Who knows you might find out just how out going you are!
Couldn't agree more, my friend!
I made a pact with myself in my "Plans for 2016" video that I was going to relax and be myself more. I'd held so much back and then I made the decision this year to stop giving a sh*t. Now I'm happy with the content I produce and the decisions I've made for the future, even if my mother is probably disappointed in me for not giving her grandchildren yet.

Altairsfriend

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
very true. i'm sure my shyness is what's holding me back but i agree with you that youtube is a good way to increase comfort in public speaking. that's my goal. good luck!
Thanks! you too! I'm on the shy side, partly because I think my voice sounds strange (I never really recorded myself talking before this) But by editing and listening to myself for a long time that feeling has past!.[DOUBLEPOST=1468104248,1468104140][/DOUBLEPOST]
Couldn't agree more, my friend!
I made a pact with myself in my "Plans for 2016" video that I was going to relax and be myself more. I'd held so much back and then I made the decision this year to stop giving a sh*t. Now I'm happy with the content I produce and the decisions I've made for the future, even if my mother is probably disappointed in me for not giving her grandchildren yet.
Nice! People would much rather watch someone that is relaxed then someone who is on edge. Btw love the concept of your channel! the editing is great![DOUBLEPOST=1468104589][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks! you too!

Reactions: darkstarmedia

Ash27

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am really shy until I get to know people most of the time. I just started making videos but have found the more I do it the more relaxed I feel.

Reactions: Altairsfriend

Sir_Reyz

The Game Traveler
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You know... its funny that you are saying this. YouTube did a great work of breaking myself out of my shell. I was awkward at it at first, but then slowly and surely, I started to get a little more energetic and enjoyed myself more when I posted my videos. But I honestly think that everyone goes through something like that. No offense to anyone looking at this post, but most people suck when they begin. But through hard work and dedication, they rise to the occasion and become better. Keep at it!

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Yeah basically just being more confident and finding yourself as you go on.

KQ4rt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
You know all the Big Youtubers can shout at the camera with ease right? But do you know that before they got Big they were the same as you? And they even had no support? So why don't you keep trying? Just do it! Learn from your mistakes and I know you will get Big one day!!!

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I found twitch really helpful in this regard, smaller audience, and the archives don't stay long but it's perfect to practice your speaking live!