Channel suspended for no reason?

Wizardo

Reaction score
Have you seen IHE's video about his channel being taken down?

"YouTube vs IHE 2017: Suspended For No Reason"

I have the same problem, except i don't have a 1M+ sub channel nor am i a buddy with keemstar. So i don't expect youtube's official profile to send me an apology on twitter... and yet, i need help!

This is the message i get when i try to log in to my youtube channel:

"This account has been terminated due to multiple OR severe violations of YouTube's policy against spam, deceptive practices, and misleading content OR other Terms of Service violations."

so basically, we close your channel for some reason, but not any specific one.

I already used the form to appeal the claim, but i was only sent an automated message that the channel will stay closed and that's it, no further explanation why. At first i thought they actually looked into the situation and the decision is final and justified (even if poorly communicated) so i gave up. But now that the exact same thing happened to IHE, and seeing it was a mistake on youtube's part in his case, i got my hopes up about my channel.

And just to be clear, I am SURE i didn't break any rules. My thumbnails and tags were always relevant and i only uploaded about once a week. So how was my content spam or misleading? My best guess is one of my enemies reported my videos from multiple accounts, and youtube's system just blocked me automatically. And yes, i had enemies on youtube, some of them even threatened me.

Does anybody know what to do in this situation? Again, the appeal form is of no help, i just get an automated response from a bot and no further help or information. Is there any way to contact an actual human at youtube support? Or is there anything else i can do? (besides contacting a youtube celebrity)

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
same problem for me
The channel you posted on your profile has an incorrect link. You have a /user/ rather than a /c/ URL type, but you used the /c/ type link on your profile. Moreover, if the profile channel is the one you said was suspended for no reason it is back up, unless you mean another channel entirely.

To the OP: a successful appeal is the only way to have your channel restored by YouTube. Since your appeal failed, you aren't allowed to create or even own another YouTube channel. Amendment: it looks like your channel was restored after all, and you also have used the /c/ URL type when you should have used the /user/ form.