Channel Opening ! Need some feed back <3

Busu Gamers

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys !

New to the community here. Me and a friend of mine started to work on a youtube channel for the past week to finish our channels Intro, channel design and overall look.

I think we finally came to the point where we were pretty happy on how everything turned out. TODAY we decided on to post the first 5 episodes of recordings we worked on.

Just to give you guys a good understanding of our channel. We do playthrough's of retro games (Generally SNES games for now), heavily inspired by the two Grumps, Arin and Danny. We hope to get to a point where we get comfortable doing commentary while we play games and give people a good laugh.

BUT, there is a start to everything and we quickly noticed that there were some flaws that we needed to work on. So here are some things I would love to get some tips on.

1. I'v noticed that through our playthrough, the sound of the game over powers our commentary alot. For the future, I'm probably going to record the voice and the gameplay audio separately to control the volume, but I wish to see if theres any quick tips that could make our voices silky smooth.

2. From another forum I posted on, a gentleman pointed out that the 4:3 ratio that we recorded our gameplay in was pretty distracting. I wanted to hear everyone's opinion on this.

3. Kind of related to the question on number 2, currently we are using an emulator to play these games (We do have physical copy's of the game but we arnt really used to external video capturing hardware, so this is the best we can to in the mean time.). Is there a way that we can capture the game in full screen ? (Basically not 4:3 ratio recording)

Thanks everyone.

PS: The audio might be a bit loud or unrefined so just wanted to give a warning.

Link is down below <3