Can someone explain this to me?

Alvamated

Reaction score
Hi my name is Kevin from Alvamated.
I started my YT channel two weeks ago. I've uploaded two videos so far, in which a lot of time was spent (6 hours per video). I make whiteboard animation to teach people something or to provide new insights. but my videos do not get views at aside from the views of friends (who watch several times).:bounce:
how can I ensure that I get more views (and thus more subs)? my videos have tags, a description and a nice title.

thanks for the help guys I appreciate U!;)

my channel: Alvamated

PhysicsFreak101

What a Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
First of all, you are just starting out, it's pretty normal to get very low view counts until you are about 10-20 videos in. YouTube is a high-effort, low-reward platform, and it takes time. If you want to maximize your views and ctr rate, then I recommend :
  1. Optimize your tags. You should be filling up your tags with every video, which means using all 500 characters. TubeBuddy is a great add-on for this, and you can find it in the chrome web store, and it's completely free!
  2. Make your titles searchable. If you want people to find your videos, then make your titles similar to what people would be searching for if they are looking for your video. If your video is about the top 10 best video editing programs, then make the title look like this: Top 10 Best Video Editing Programs of 2018! This is almost identical to the searches people would use, "top 10 editing programs" and "best editing program".
  3. Thumbnails need to be clickable. If your text on your thumbnails can't be read in your creator studio, then you are doing something wrong. Let's say, for example, the word "Funny" was in your thumbnail. I would make sure that the word takes up at least half the length of the thumbnail, maybe even more. It may seem really big in photoshop, but on YouTube, it will look small.
  4. Descriptions are under-rated. Try to make a story with your descriptions that contain as many keywords for your video without seeming tacky. For example, this is the description for my newest video with the keywords underlined. "Clave, Vinnyman71, and PhysicsFreak set out on an adventure to get the epic Toontown Victory Royale, but get distracted and end up having a lot of funny moments and other dumb stuff. Also, Vinny rages in golf."
Hope this helped, and if you still have questions or want to improve, just look at some videos on YouTube, there are tons of tutorials that are really helpful.

Last edited:

Gate of Theories

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah your channels not big so your videos will not get very high up the search rankings. You will just have to be patient and keep working hard. Youtube is not an overnight thing. Good luck with your Youtube video.

Reactions: Alvamated

DapperDanVlogs

Reaction score
welcome to youtube lol. 2 weeks? iv'e been at this over a year and don't get squat for views on a lot of videos.
iv'e learned if you aint ready to invest a ton of time money and effort into this then don't even bother because it can take years to start gaining a following. just be patient, upload as much as possible, have fun doing it, and forget about the numbers for a good while.
oh yeh, have fun is the number one thing. if your not having fun whats the point.