Can I join a MCN (Network) without an AdSense account ?

Dylan Tomas

Reaction score
Hello!

I've created my channel in October 2016 and back then if you accepted the Youtube Monetization/Partner Terms you could monetize your videos, despite the fact that you wouldn't receive any money if you didn't link your channel to an AdSense account or a Network. Now the rules have changed and all my videos are not monetized anymore and in Monetization Tab it says that monetization is not enabled, even if in October 2016 it was. And now if I want to monetize my videos I must create an AdSense account.

But what I want is to monetize my videos through a network. Right now I've been accepted by zoomin and bbtv, but they say that they can't send me an invitation because my monetization is not enabled. And to enable the monetization from my channel I have to create an AdSense account and I don't see any point in doing that if I want to join a MCN.

My channel has 120K of views, it was never monetized through AdSense or through a Network and I never received any strikes. I've uploaded two snapshots with my monetization status.

So my question is: Can I join a Network without having an AdSense account linked to my channel ? And if yes, then how to I do that ?

Attachments

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
You should be able to yes, i believe the MCN will inform you if you can't join or if you can they will likely also set up an adsense account for you.

Dylan Tomas

Reaction score
You should be able to yes, i believe the MCN will inform you if you can't join or if you can they will likely also set up an adsense account for you.
Zoomin informed me that I can't join their network without having an AdSense account. I'm still communicating with bbtv to see what is their join policy.

I don't understand how can a network create an AdSense account in my place. They'll have to write my personal information in there. And besides that, from my knowledge, in 3 to 4 weeks after being accepted into AdSense they will send a pin to verify your address and this is a little hard for me at this point (right now I don't live at the address from ID). That and for other reasons I don't want to create an AdSense account.

The whole thing just seems stupid: Create an AdSense just to be able to enable monetization and then that account gets un-linked because the monetization will be done through a MCN.

TheReading

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Commentator
When I joined a Network on a very old channel it was my first network no longer with them. I had to have an Adsense account with it in good standings and already enabled on my account when I signed. Then I had to give said network permissions to manage my channel and they just removed my Adsense account and put their AdSense account in there. Once that was done I wasn't allowed to disable AdSense or remove their account from my channel until I got out of my contract like the option was grayed out they took full control over the AdSense.