Can a channel be revived?

kazza

Reaction score
I made a stupid mistake in February and March this year. I promoted my videos via social media sites which meant I got an average CTR of 2%.

I didn't realise this until late March when (I think) YouTube demoted us with an algorithm update/change. This resulted in less views per video and we no longer get traffic from suggested videos.

Has anyone else had their views lowered and or had their suggested view traffic source taken away?

I have cancelled all the promotions and my videos are now getting around 10-14% CTR now and 30-40% average watch duration.
I feel stupid for not seeing this earlier. Wondering if I have completely screwed up my channel now or if it is possible to go back up and get suggested video traffic back?

Kazza

Reaction score
Hey Kazza, don't be too hard on yourself! It's not uncommon for creators to make mistakes, and it sounds like you've already taken steps to fix the issue by cancelling the promotions. As for your question, it's possible to recover from a dip in views and suggested video traffic. Keep creating quality content and engaging with your audience, and over time your channel's performance should improve. You could also consider promoting your videos through other means, such as collaborations or social media engagement, to attract more organic views.

kazza

Reaction score
Thanks grasshopperpig. I guess making mistakes is the only way we can learn hey. Thanks for your words, it gives me hope that I can revive the channel and it's not completely lost. You're right, just need to find the right audience first, this time.

RayFieldTech

Reaction score
Experiencing a drop in views and losing suggested video traffic can be challenging, but it doesn't mean your channel is permanently damaged. To recover and improve, focus on producing high-quality videos, optimizing your metadata and thumbnails, engaging with your audience, and leveraging SEO strategies to increase visibility. Over time, as you regain organic traffic and improve key metrics like CTR and watch duration, your chances of regaining suggested video traffic will improve. Stay consistent, learn from your mistakes, and adapt your strategies to ensure long-term growth for your YouTube channel.