Camera on a Budget

BakazMann

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I recently had my Cannon T3i, which, I had for years stolen long story, anyone have any Ideas whats a good camera that a may use to replace it? I'm on a tight Budget I bought My T3I for $900 at the time, and no way I can afford That right now!

XANISA

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer
Sorry to hear that your canon was stolen. :(

I am not entirely sure what you'll use your camera for. Video or photography. Professional or amateur. And I believe pricing differs in other countries. So I can't provide relevant/accurate suggestions.

But first off, I'd suggest taking a look at T3i prices again (if you like it alot) since prices change over time especially since the latest addition to the rebel series is T6i. If not, you could consider Pentax K3 series. Or perhaps Sony alpha series. I've also heard good reviews with Samsung NX3000 and Canon G&X which are point and shoot cameras but should be cheaper I believe.

I am currently using Nikon D5300 which is a wonderful camera for photography and video. However, I would not recommend this camera if you are shooting in areas with minimal lighting because it does terrible in low light. It also has an annoying autofocus noise which gets picked up if you're recording using the camera's built-in mic. But I just record in manual focus and it works wonderful.

I hope I gave you some suggestions that helps! Good luck with camera hunting!
xx

Reactions: BakazMann

BakazMann

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sorry to hear that your canon was stolen. :(

I am not entirely sure what you'll use your camera for. Video or photography. Professional or amateur. And I believe pricing differs in other countries. So I can't provide relevant/accurate suggestions.

But first off, I'd suggest taking a look at T3i prices again (if you like it alot) since prices change over time especially since the latest addition to the rebel series is T6i. If not, you could consider Pentax K3 series. Or perhaps Sony alpha series. I've also heard good reviews with Samsung NX3000 and Canon G&X which are point and shoot cameras but should be cheaper I believe.

I am currently using Nikon D5300 which is a wonderful camera for photography and video. However, I would not recommend this camera if you are shooting in areas with minimal lighting because it does terrible in low light. It also has an annoying autofocus noise which gets picked up if you're recording using the camera's built-in mic. But I just record in manual focus and it works wonderful.

I hope I gave you some suggestions that helps! Good luck with camera hunting!
xx
Yea Thanks for the advice I probably even look at a T2i

Mauricio

I cook for a living and ill cook you
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer
I have a Samsung nx1000 which is fantastic. You can prob get one for like 250

dopeglam

J and d plus3
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Is that the bigger one that's red? Of so I was wondering how well it worked cause I'm on a budget as well but was looking at that one

BakazMann

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I never hear of those, I will have to look into it, How many megapixels does have? HD 4k? Probably 1080 for only 250 which is not bad

Mauricio

Reaction score
Channel Type
I never hear of those, I will have to look into it, How many megapixels does have? HD 4k? Probably 1080 for only 250 which is not bad
megapixels is not what should be looking for. The thing you really want to look for is what kind of sensor it has and how big it is. The sensor to the left are like the digital cameras that are cheap but will say 20 megapixels. You want a camera with bigger sensor like the canon you had which is like the one to the right.

XANISA

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer
megapixels is not what should be looking for. The thing you really want to look for is what kind of sensor it has and how big it is.
Whats the difference between sensor and megapixel? How does it affect photography or videography?

Mauricio

Reaction score
Channel Type