Big YouTubers have the power to help us out!

Im sorry where did i say this is how it should be? it was an idea that everyone pointed the flaws out which helped me out and i now understand. So i don't need you pointing that out. @SuddenlyNinja
 
Did you notice any impact?

Those aren't really shoutouts per say. For a shoutout to work you need the youtuber to say "Go subscribe to this person"... Preferably if they said something like "This guy is awesome, his video are crazy good" that will help even more. So did it help me considerably? Probably not, maybe a few subscribers.

Only reason I'm this far into youtube is because a guy felt bad for me that someone stole a really good prank I did and it went viral on their channel. So they shouted me out and I went from like 2k subs to 10k in like 2 days. So because someone felt bad for me I got a shoutout that made me to where I am. So big youtubers do it all the time, it just depends on how it happens. (he had like 280k subs at the time or something)
 
Honestly, just asking a big person to collab is silly in itself. Do you realize how many times a day they get asked that same question over and over? No one feels like being used all the time.

Just gain subscribers promoting yourself and putting in hard work. If a big youtube gave a shoutout to every person, it would become ineffective. People want to see household names like DailyGrace, Joey Graceffa, Connor Franta, they don't want to constantly see these fresh faces, there's just no interest in it for the audience that popular YouTubers have.

and honestly, ONE shoutout will hardly do anything. You may gain a few thousand subscribers, but in the game of YouTube 1000-2000 subs is basically nothing. I've seen channels with 2000-3000 subs that are still basically dead with loads of likes, and barely any comments.

I used to be able pull 1,000 views on each of my videos with 700 subs on my old channel back in 2011, now people with 3,000 subs can barely get 500-600 views on their videos. Times are different, and conversion is tough.

The only way that a shoutout from a top tier YouTuber would be helpful is if they kept consistently promoting your channel, and obviously that's not going to happen.
I disagree. If you think that your content is good enough and you could collaborate with a bigger Youtuber without making a fool out of yourself, go for it.
Ask people if they would collaborate with you.

I asked a bigger Youtuber ( 100k subs ) to collaborate with me and he agreed. We already have a pretty big project in mind. A project that will kick off in November.
He gave me some tips here and there and my channel is regaining life. My channel was pretty much dead 6 months ago. I would get 100 views a day. Now I'm getting 600 average views per day and it keeps going up.

Where is the problem though?
The problem is everyone thinks their content is great and deserves more exposure.
False.
I'm not gonna mention vloggers, comedians or any other genres because I never produced that kind of content but I can tell you that a lot of gamers think they are the s**t.
Well, they are just s**t.
Terrible gamers, terrible commentary, terrible audio and video quality and terrible attitude.
And there are a lot of these in here as well.
Expecting everything for nothing.
Copies of PewDiePie everywhere.

That's why big Youtubers don't want to help smaller channels.
 
@MF Patrick You make some really good points.

And I think there is a difference between politely asking a bigger YouTuber for a shout out or collaboration and spamming a channel endlessly so your (crappy) videos can get more views because you think you deserve more views for no effort.
 
Here's a thought though: why not ask a smaller YouTuber to collab with you? Chances are that, if your subs are in the hundreds or thousands, they'll probably all be different people, and if you have similar content it'll appeal to the same audience. You're also in a better position to do the asking, seeing as you'll be the "big(ger)" channel.
Y'know, starting with the man in the mirror and all that...

(Btw, anyone else getting flashbacks to Falcon Lover throughout this thread?)
 
Back
Top