Big YouTubers have the power to help us out!

In addition to what everyone said about big channels not benefiting and being negatively affected doing shoutouts and stuff, another thing is a lot of small channels just assume that big channels will like their content if they watched it which isn't true. Just because someone thinks their content is good doesn't mean other ppl will. I contacted tons of android websites and companies and none of them ever replied back to me. Needless to say none of them like my videos. That plays a big factor as well.
 
I sort of have a problem with big youtubers not helping smaller youtubers out.

Big YouTubers don't have any obligation to smaller YouTubers. People don't subscribe to channels to hear a bunch of shout-outs to other channels. They subscribe for content.

Now if you have something of value for the larger channel, then you need to find a way to present that value to them so that they consider the shout-out/collaboration.
 
I dont watch Tim Tim his content sucks!

I don't think that was at all the point @SuddenlyNinja was trying to make. And to be honest, I kind of agree with him. The thing I have noticed is most of the time the people asking for shout outs have crappy content and/or no motivation. For example, this one kept commenting on a famous YouTubers videos to notice him but, he only two videos on his channel. I keep seeing people that have been on YouTube a few months, have less then ten videos, or just make really horrible videos that are asking for people to promote them. I understand there are people that work hard and produce good content trying to get themselves out there, but they seem to get lost in the mix of people who think some one is just going to hand them free subs and views for no reason.

I do see your point that with the big amount of influence YouTubers have that should shout out smaller YouTubers, but they do not have to. Tyler Oakley actually gave a few smaller YouTubers shout outs in a couple of his Q&A videos, but that was his choice. If a big YouTuber like Tyler Oakley devoted their time to helping out every (or even just the good ones) small YouTuber that asked, his content would be nothing but shout outs. And just because a YouTuber has a large audience that does not mean they are obligated to promote small YouTubers in any way.
 
All I want is for PewDiePie to buy me Seasons 1-3 of Game Of Thrones on DVD. It doesn't even have to Blu-Ray, just DVD.

I'll repeat, everyone else and say that them promoting someone/giving them a shoutout is totally their call, nobody can and nobody should try to, make them help out others. They got where they are through their own hard work, so you should put in your best effort as well. I'm sure there are some YouTubers who'd love to promote a bunch of channels they come across, but it's just not possible.
 
I know a couple of youtubers who do shoutouts occasionally, swoozie does shoutouts to his fans in every video from tweets and comments. One thing is that if a big youtuber focuses on getting one person big there will be people who will say 'that's not fair what about us' and it would be a bit of a cycle, but even then though they could really do a lot to help create new big youtubers from helping the small ones :)

I've been in 3 of swoozie's videos haha
 
Yep everybody just seems to be repeating them selves.

Then we're done! You asked a question (or rather, made a statement), got an answer that you don't like because it doesn't fit your view of "how things should be", and the rest of your posts is just misplaced sarcasm.

Thank you for this topic, I enjoy reading everyone else's opinion!
 
Back
Top