Best time to post?

Jtpetch

So I'm getting to the point where my editing is quick, and I generally get tomorrow's videos done today, so I'm starting to schedule the uploads.
I'm wondering, though, what the ideal time to have a video go up would be.
My first thought would be noon (my local time), but I'm not sure.

What time do you guys usually upload videos? Does it impact your views much?

I'm not big enough to have noticed any big changes, but I've thought about it. I think in the morning is good, it gives you a full day to let people see. Afternoon is also good because people would possibly see it after work or school. Night, a good option because people tend to have more time at night, some of them can even watch at work, so that's cool.

Sorry I couldn't help more, but I also like to get subscribers from outside my country, which always makes me want to flex my stuff to them too.

I use to upload either at twelve pm or 3 pm. It comes down to personal preference. I mean you could take into account if your viewers are students, adults with careers, exc. But I mean generally I'd say the afternoons or mornings. Up too you mate lol

True lol.
Yeah, around noon seems to be best, since it's good for the folks around my area (US West), and it's also not "extremely" late for those across the states and into western Europe.

I sadly post at midnight because midnight is noon to me. I'm not sure if this effects my views or not or if its something else. But I don't think I'd recommend this time.

Really depends on your audience :)

I usually try to get video out on Sundays around 7:15pm GMT+2 (CEST). It is not too late for folks from good old EU and it is mostly morning for people from USA (and it is after videos from 7pm so it is a bit "higher" from them and before 7:30pm videos :) )

The best time differs for everyone. Don't follow those "recommended" posts because two factors influence the appropriate time to release:
  1. Where the majority of your audience are from. If they're from Switzerland, there's no point optimizing for UK audiences.
  2. How old they are. Schoolers are free in the afternoon while workers are free at night

Check where a majority of your audience is located on your analytics and try and post at a good time for them, other than that I think it is mostly just personal preference

If you get a chrome extension called TubeBuddy - it can tell you when your channel gets the most views from the analytics. It can then predict (from this) when your own personal best time is for uploading videos based on when your subs/non-subs watch you most frequently.

Back