Best program?

NoSleepTeam22

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys. I'm currently just using iMovie when editing my videos. But i'm curious about what the best software out there is? I'm mainly making gaming videos, so it would be cool with more features to make it look nice. Thanks!

Madiisuun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
oh man, you're going to see some variety in these answers. i personally use sony vegas, any version of it suffices as a really good editing medium. a lot of people are going to recommend final cut pro if you're jumping from imovie, so i'd look into that as well

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I also use Magix Vegas (Sony sold all their editing software's to Magix)
I think it's hands down the best! (not including color grading)

but like @Madiisuun said, final cut pro or adobe premiere are probably going to be you two options since sounds like you're on Mac.
I never used final cut before, but I really don't like premiere even though I have to use it for work.

Madiisuun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I also use Magix Vegas (Sony sold all their editing software's to Magix)
I think it's hands down the best! (not including color grading)
LMAO i've been using the same sony vegas 8.0 since like 2011 when i was making music videos on toontown. i have no idea about any of the current happenings in the world because i learned on sony vegas 8 and i will die by its hand. i had no idea they sold anything

Reactions: Nicekid76

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
yeah Sony sold Vegas to Magix over 2 years ago.
They added a few new features since 8.0 that I use:
  • New Text Engine
  • 360 video support
  • 4k Video support
  • an iPad App sorta
  • GPU rendering (which gives me much shorter render times)
  • Really bad motion tracking which idk why they mentioned that as a new feature this year it's not great.
  • Advance backup
  • I think 8.0 has this but multi camera editing tool

I think I've been using Vegas since version 9 or 8. if anything I used only the trail of Vegas 8 and then 9 released right when that trail ended so I just started the trail of 9.

One day Magix sold Vegas 14 Pro (along with many other software bundled in) for $20 as part of a charity event so I had to buy it! That's 97%+ off