• 5 : 95

• 0 :100

Results are only viewable after voting.

wasabiroots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Lets compare the percentages you get from subscribed and not subscribed of the total views in lifetime and/or the last 28 days. To see how active your subs are and figure out the norm around here. (You don't need to show how many views you have, just the percentage. You can if you want but its not necessary) Also, I know its mostly per video that people are looking at but meh, lets go for the whole channel.

So, to get this data just follow the arrows:
upload_2016-6-24_1-33-3.pngupload_2016-6-24_1-34-40.pngupload_2016-6-24_1-33-20.png

To start off, my lifetime %:
upload_2016-6-24_1-40-37.png

My last 28 days %:
upload_2016-6-24_1-41-48.png

It would be awesome if you guys participated to finally get enough data on what's normal and what's doing great and what's under performing. Not sure if type of channel matters (I do lists and stories) but please don't be ashamed to post your data, look at mine, the subscribed views isn't even 10% and please don't be bashful to brag. :( [that's probably why p***s size analytics gets skewed heh] The more people participate, the more easier it is to see what is normal. >.> (its funny how people want to know but rarely share in these types of posts but I can hope)

Anyways, just an extra, if you want to see this statistic for only 1 video, make sure to select the video here:
upload_2016-6-24_1-56-9.png

Thank you in advance. :)

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I don't think this ratio has any bearing on telling you whether your subscribers are active or not. You can easily have one single video go "viral" and skew the numbers toward non-subscribers.

IMO, the best indicator of active subscribers is best correlated by how many views you get within the first 48 hours of a published video. At that time, the majority of your views will come directly from your subscribers.

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
of course it has a bearing. yes its not the full picture. but neither is views in first 48 hours. what if you post it on reddit or advertise elsewhere, that changes it drastically. so yup they both can help indicate active subscribers. here's mine for info

Reactions: wasabiroots

wasabiroots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I don't think this ratio has any bearing on telling you whether your subscribers are active or not. You can easily have one single video go "viral" and skew the numbers toward non-subscribers.

IMO, the best indicator of active subscribers is best correlated by how many views you get within the first 48 hours of a published video. At that time, the majority of your views will come directly from your subscribers.
I see~ Gimme data? lol But yea I do check both lifetime and per video every now and then, just curious as to what percentage one gets overall.

I think it can also show if your content would be subscribed more or not.

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
of course it has a bearing. yes its not the full picture. but neither is views in first 48 hours. what if you post it on reddit or advertise elsewhere, that changes it drastically. so yup they both can help indicate active subscribers. here's mine for info

I agree, it can skew if you share it on other platforms, too. So instead of using 48 hours, I would suggest using subscriber views divided by subscriber count for first 48 hours or first week.

I'll share one of my recent videos on green tea.

First 48 hours, 4,503 views.

Of those 4,503, 4,044 came from subscribers.

At that time, I had 25,000 subscribers.

4503/25000 = 18% of my total subscribers came to watch the video in the first 48 hours.

Last edited:

wasabiroots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I agree, it can skew if you share it on other platforms, too. So instead of using 48 hours, I would suggest using subscriber views divided by subscriber count for first 48 hours or first week.
Hold on, the subscriber count is total subscribers of the channel or total subscribers earned in that time frame?

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I see~ Gimme data? lol But yea I do check both lifetime and per video every now and then, just curious as to what percentage one gets overall.

I think it can also show if your content would be subscribed more or not.
IMO, if you're interested to see if your content is worthy of subscribing to or not, dividing total subscribers by total non-subscriber views would be an even better indicator. There was a thread not too long ago that looked at these numbers. The more subscribers you get per view, the more "worthy" you can consider your content to be subscribed to.

Anyway, you can look at my data. Honestly, I don't find much use for it:

sub status.PNG

wasabiroots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
IMO, if you're interested to see if your content is worthy of subscribing to or not, dividing total subscribers by total views would be an even better indicator. There was a thread not too long ago that looked at these numbers. The more subscribers you get per view, the more "worthy" you can consider your content to be subscribed to.

Anyway, you can look at my data. Honestly, I don't find much use for it:

View attachment 36069
Oh but that's a bit different tho. That shows how many subscribers you can get per how many views. This here is for how many views are you getting from subscribers, over the course of a time period in comparison with non subscribers.

Like it would definitely increase in subscriber view count/% if I'm getting both viewers that subscribe and current subscribers that continue watching. No?

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Like it would definitely increase in subscriber view count/% if I'm getting both viewers that subscribe and current subscribers that continue watching.
I know what you mean, but there are chances that if my or your content was to be shared on an outside platform, it will skew the numbers significantly towards non-subscribers.

For example, one of my videos (skinny fat) was a 24-hour feature on Lifehacker. That brought in huge amounts of non-subscriber views to my video. Let's look at the numbers for the video's lifetime:
skinny fat.PNG

Now let's look at a video (bulking) that was released not too long after that and has not been featured elsewhere and shared exclusively on the YT platform (either suggestions, subscriber page, search, etc):
bulking.PNG

As you can see, it's a complete flip when the video is shared versus not shared. 90% of my views came from non-subscribers on the video that was shared on Lifehacker and 80% of my views came from subscribers on the video that was not shared. This is what I meant by skewed numbers.

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Lets compare the percentages you get from subscribed and not subscribed of the total views in lifetime and/or the last 28 days. To see how active your subs are and figure out the norm around here. (You don't need to show how many views you have, just the percentage. You can if you want but its not necessary) Also, I know its mostly per video that people are looking at but meh, lets go for the whole channel.

So, to get this data just follow the arrows:

To start off, my lifetime %:
View attachment 36063

My last 28 days %:
View attachment 36064

It would be awesome if you guys participated to finally get enough data on what's normal and what's doing great and what's under performing. Not sure if type of channel matters (I do lists and stories) but please don't be ashamed to post your data, look at mine, the subscribed views isn't even 10% and please don't be bashful to brag. :( [that's probably why p***s size analytics gets skewed heh] The more people participate, the more easier it is to see what is normal. >.> (its funny how people want to know but rarely share in these types of posts but I can hope)

Anyways, just an extra, if you want to see this statistic for only 1 video, make sure to select the video here:
View attachment 36065

Thank you in advance. :)
beat this terrible ratio!

Last 28
28 days.jpg
Lifetime
lifetime views.jpg