balance YouTube with work/school?

XTRMlvl

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello I'm curious to think how some of you can balance school/work or even BOTH on youtube.
This is why most of us stop we don't have "time", I'm trying to balance college with work and also youtube but its like juggling balls eventually one of the other is going to fall.
How do you balance YouTube?

S_Mielz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I work, go to school, and make YouTube videos. To balance, there's just days where you'll have to spend those extra hours you would rather be resting with to work on YouTube. I have a lot of nights where I'm up to 2-4am editing. Then I have work/school the next day.
It's essentially all about sacrifice! :unsure:

Reactions: XTRMlvl

XTRMlvl

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I work, go to school, and make YouTube videos. To balance, there's just days where you'll have to spend those extra hours you would rather be resting with to work on YouTube. I have a lot of nights where I'm up to 2-4am editing. Then I have work/school the next day.
Yeah I understand and bro your content is very good!

Reactions: S_Mielz

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the Strategy / Technique advice forum. ^_^

It's hard, and I've often let YouTube slip when things get too stressful, but I think it's all about time management and finding ways to motivate yourself when you are tired and want to take a break. When I find myself wanting to laze around and take a break, I get all comfy on my couch and grab my laptop to edit something. ^^

PureDangles

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Its a tough juggling act for sure. Especially when i was trying to release 4-5 videos a week!

When i first started youtube I worked a 8-5 job Monday-Friday, worked out from 6-7:30 and tried to edit from 8-11 or 12. This messed up my sleep cycle. Then i would record my gaming videos on the weekend while still trying to spend time with my girlfriend.

Now it has gotten even tougher because i live with my girlfriend and she doesnt know im a youtuber. So editing my videos is tough, finding time to record is tough (plus my computer crashed, apple "fixed" it but it runs slower than ever). Ive gone from 4-5 videos a week to 1-2. Mostly because of my computer, and my lack of time to record. Before my computer crashed i could edit a video in two hours. Now it sometimes takes me two days because every time i click the mouse i get that rainbow circle going.

Its tough to balance all these things and still make great videos, but! Im determined to become a better youtuber in 2017!

Blunt Brittany

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I also am working, going to school, and doing YouTube. I usually just pick a day that I devote to next weeks YouTube video. If it is important to me then I am more willing to make time for it. If I am having a real busy week then I just try to edit for like an hour here and there until it is done. I have found that devoting one whole day to YouTube has made me more productive and most those days I can bang out at least 2 videos and edit them! Good luck! :)

XTRMlvl

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Its a tough juggling act for sure. Especially when i was trying to release 4-5 videos a week!

When i first started youtube I worked a 8-5 job Monday-Friday, worked out from 6-7:30 and tried to edit from 8-11 or 12. This messed up my sleep cycle. Then i would record my gaming videos on the weekend while still trying to spend time with my girlfriend.

Now it has gotten even tougher because i live with my girlfriend and she doesnt know im a youtuber. So editing my videos is tough, finding time to record is tough (plus my computer crashed, apple "fixed" it but it runs slower than ever). Ive gone from 4-5 videos a week to 1-2. Mostly because of my computer, and my lack of time to record. Before my computer crashed i could edit a video in two hours. Now it sometimes takes me two days because every time i click the mouse i get that rainbow circle going.

Its tough to balance all these things and still make great videos, but! Im determined to become a better youtuber in 2017!
Your kills and rage series are funny!

Baylze

Overwatch YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Literally this. Sacrificing what would otherwise be 'Free time' for 'YouTube time'. Unless you ENJOY every factor of YouTubing, in which case, win win!

G-Legend

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You need real heart and dedication. The reason is because you're going to need to make many videos in advance. That's what I did. I make videos in advance and schedule them to be uploaded daily so that my subscribers are getting fresh content daily from me. I have days where I make 3 videos, and days where I make none so I can focus on school and get ahead. Another tip, If you don't mind, It's A LOT easier to make it work when your schooling is online, like mine.