Are these ideas possible to do ?

Zacklovesbooks

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Gamer, Other
On, my channel i haven't been active . So, i jot down some ideas. I know some of them are possible but others not so much .like game development , gaming videos are possible

But i need to know is it possible to do videos where you are reading books ( chapter by chapter ) and when you finished . Give a review on them. I know the reviewing is possible but reading a story chapter by chapter is that even allowed please help , i don't know what to do!

Reactions: videoeditgr

HiEnergy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I'd check back with the book author and publisher in every single case. If they don't allow a public reading of the author's work, you should stay with reviewing (telling others your opinion on a book is hardly forbidden) but abstain from verbosely reciting the book's contents as it might infringe on the author's and publisher's rights.

Steverd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just Goggle your idea and got this.

Since I can not post links, google: What-is-the-legality-of-creating-YouTube-videos-of-yourself-reading-books

Maybe read the first chapter and link to Amazon for people to buy the book,
then in a part #2 video discuss the book?

Thoughts?[DOUBLEPOST=1525712458,1525712359][/DOUBLEPOST]BUT if you ask a few new publishers or writers, I bet a couple will say OK!
Or maybe even send you a free book or two to review? Maybe?

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I do not know the legal part of yourr idea but for me it would be wonderful to be in four wals with nothing to do than a tablet or computer and to watch some relevant images while someone narrating a story a book. I really love the idea! :) As a tip there are insomniacs that watch those 10hours of sea coast waves with sound and birds and so. I mean there is a crowd out there willing to watch and listen. ..even if they use the videos to sleep! :p

Zacklovesbooks

Reaction score
Channel Type
I'd check back with the book author and publisher in every single case. If they don't allow a public reading of the author's work, you should stay with reviewing (telling others your opinion on a book is hardly forbidden) but abstain from verbosely reciting the book's contents as it might infringe on the author's and publisher's rights.
I just Goggle your idea and got this.

Since I can not post links, google: What-is-the-legality-of-creating-YouTube-videos-of-yourself-reading-books

Maybe read the first chapter and link to Amazon for people to buy the book,
then in a part #2 video discuss the book?

Thoughts?[DOUBLEPOST=1525712458,1525712359][/DOUBLEPOST]BUT if you ask a few new publishers or writers, I bet a couple will say OK!
Or maybe even send you a free book or two to review? Maybe?
So, how do i contact the publisher / author . How does that work?. Or should i just do public domain books instead. I am really am confused but i also don't want to get in trouble....:([DOUBLEPOST=1525714676][/DOUBLEPOST]
I do not know the legal part of yourr idea but for me it would be wonderful to be in four wals with nothing to do than a tablet or computer and to watch some relevant images while someone narrating a story a book. I really love the idea! :) As a tip there are insomniacs that watch those 10hours of sea coast waves with sound and birds and so. I mean there is a crowd out there willing to watch and listen. ..even if they use the videos to sleep! :p
Thank you for the tip and thank for your opinion. I just thought that cause my channel is zaqlovesbooks why not do something with books . I mean i love to read anyway why not do it on my channel.[DOUBLEPOST=1525715484][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thank you for the tip and thank for your opinion. I just thought that cause my channel is zaqlovesbooks why not do something with books . I mean i love to read anyway why not do it on my channel.

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Legally, you can't do that, any more than you can show a TV episode and review it. Books are subject to copyright and if you do not have legal, written permission from the author, you are breaking the law. You can certainly read small excerpts for the purpose of review, but the whole thing? Not a chance.

Zacklovesbooks

Reaction score
Channel Type
Legally, you can't do that, any more than you can show a TV episode and review it. Books are subject to copyright and if you do not have legal, written permission from the author, you are breaking the law. You can certainly read small excerpts for the purpose of review, but the whole thing? Not a chance.
But what public domain books? I know most of them are old but its probably a good place to start. If not how about storries i / others ( if i have permission ) wrote on wattpad ?

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
But what public domain books? I know most of them are old but its probably a good place to start. If not how about storries i / others ( if i have permission ) wrote on wattpad ?
Those are certainly fine because no one owns the copyright to them. If you write them yourself or have written permission from the author, that's fine too. You own the copyright or have permission from the copyright holder. If not though, you can't do it.

Reactions: CaptainNeedy

Zacklovesbooks

Reaction score
Channel Type
Those are certainly fine because no one owns the copyright to them. If you write them yourself or have written permission from the author, that's fine too. You own the copyright or have permission from the copyright holder. If not though, you can't do it.
Thank you this helps me alot

Reactions: Cephus