Are GoPro cameras worth getting?

If you are going to get a gopro, get the 3+ black or the 4 black. Those are the 2 cameras that i use to film everything on my channel (vlogs, diy, epic projects). If you are going to buy a gopro, don't cheap out..the black versions are worth it (and fyi don't buy the session..it's garbage).
Go pro's are great because they are really small, shoot great quality, have a ton of different mounts, you can get batteries for like 5$ and keep spares in your pocket, they are durable, and simple to use (or in my situation i can give it to a friend and say here "hold this and point it at me").
Since they are so small i can take them everywhere. I'm going on a trip this weekend and don't plan on shooting anything, but if i come across anything cool i'm going to have my gopro ready to go in my coat pocket .

So to sum it up:
advantages:
You never have to worry about breaking it, they are tough.
So simple to use, you can even put it on a dog or baby and have them shoot you.
Lots of different mounts, cheap batteries, waterproof.
Easy to travel with/ Fit's in your pocket/purse
Super wide angle
1080 at 120 fps, plus 4k capabilities

Cons:
The sound isn't good if you have the waterproof housing on
Not very good at shooting people far away
Can get shaky footage if you aren't using some kind of mount/pole/tripod.

I was thinking about getting a go pro as a second camera but not sure if it's worth it. What's the advantages?
Hell yeah! I have a GoPro Hero 3 and 4 Black, they are both awesome! The Hero 4 looks amazing in 1080p and gets awesome slow mo, here's one of my videos using 1080p 120FPS:

You can also get epic slow mo for the price

You can run it over with a car and still use it after

I've been told the 2.7k looks more real than real life

You can mount it to just about anything

You can throw large rocks at it and it will survive

If you get a Hero 4, they have night lapse ability

So yes, I would recommend one!

Hell yeah! I have a GoPro Hero 3 and 4 Black, they are both awesome! The Hero 4 looks amazing in 1080p and gets awesome slow mo, here's one of my videos using 1080p 120FPS:

Looks like you are a gopro-pro.. I feel like i have so much to learn, i only use 1080 60 and 1080 at 120. I havent even shot at 4k, 2.7k, or any of the night settings, protune, or timelapse

You can also get epic slow mo for the price

You can run it over with a car and still use it after

I've been told the 2.7k looks more real than real life

You can mount it to just about anything

You can throw large rocks at it and it will survive

If you get a Hero 4, they have night lapse ability

So yes, I would recommend one!

I got the 4 silver off Craigslist for a really good price with the built in screen it's nice to frame up static shots with out killing the battery with the wifi on get hella batteries and external battery as well they will die faster than you think

Back