Are giveaways scams?

joseph taylor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ok so the question is! Is youtube giveaways scams? Well you cant know for sure if someone on youtube is scamming. Yes people do fake giveaways but not all of them do. If you want to know who does fake giveaways then you have to look for some things. So does the youtubers post the winner or does he post the winner but not contact the winner? Thats the question that I wonder myself. If you think someone is doing fake giveaways then you might be right but you have to look at the comments to make sure you are right because there will be people maybe saying that this is fake or what ever they say. If its a small channel with a lot of big giveaways then most likely its a scam. Its just someone trying to get views the wrong way. If its a kid doing giveaways then you wonder where he gets him money from. Chances are hes scamming unless hes rich. But that wont be the case. I know its hard to get subscribers and the easy way to get them is to fake giveaways. Thats not the way to go because eventually the youtuber is going to get in trouble with youtube. You dont really know if big youtubers are scamming but it is possible to find out. You can always contact the person that won. People on my youtube channel would look at the winners page to make sure its not a fake youtube page and contact him. I was totally find with that because my giveaways are 100% legit and everyone on my youtube channel knows that. I had someone contact me because this youtuber was a kid and had a small channel with giveaways. I looked at the giveaways he was doing. It was totally fake. This user told me that he didnt get his prize and was blocked by him so I looked and noticed iphones laptops ipods just in one day. Right there tells you that its not a legit user. Youtube will do nothing about it. You just have to report and get many people to report the user for youtube to remove them. Basically you need the evidence to get the user removed. I got the user removed because I got people to report. If you are entering in giveaways then you have to be careful. You could be wasting your time. Look out for smaller channels and how many giveaways they do because most likely its going to be someone younger doing fake giveaways. Older people can still do fake giveaways but chances are they are not because they are already a big youtuber with money. Step 1 check the channel with giveaways to see if its fake. You might noticed lots of giveaways in a short period of time. Step 2 check the comment to see if people are saying comments like fake giveaway or scam. Step 3 check the winners page to see if its a fake youtube page. Look for picture date or anything on the page. Step 4 contact the winner to see if he actually got his item. Step 5 contact the youtuber to tell him that hes doing fake giveaways then say you will report him to youtube. Step 6 contact youtube so they know and maybe they can look into him. Step 7 report the user and get people to report. After doing all of that you will know if hes fake or not. If so then do the steps to getting the user removed. Hope this helped. Im giveaway taylor on youtube. thanks for reading

TaxOwlbear

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
thanks for reading
Also, please use line breaks and proper punctuation. This is a borderline unreadable wall of text.

terror569

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Well I did couple of giveaways and recently I did whole WoW package giveaways. I choose winner and he did not contact me. Wrote two messages and nothing. So I choose another one. The sh** happened twice. He didn't contact me either... So why the F*** enter when you won't write me back...
So it's not only about the one doing the giveaway. It's also about people entering it...
Now I gotta choose third one...

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think they are alright and i would do one on my own channel but you have to be careful that you dont just attract people who only sub to you to win then dont watch your videos, i think i would make it a rule that i am only choosing someone out of my active subs, who have been actively posting on, liking or sharing my videos over the past few months or weeks or whatever, this way i will treat the subscribers who actually care about my channel, watch my videos regularly, and deserve recognition, this would also stop people suddenly posting stuff just to hope to win, and stop fake subs. Yes i wouldnt grow but i dont want fake subs anyway the ones who have been there the longest deserve to win, and trust me i notice the ones who comment and watch my videos the most.

Also, please use line breaks and proper punctuation. This is a borderline unreadable wall of text.
And yes omg this, i didnt even read it i just replied to the title, it was completely unreadable, but if you are basing your channel around giveaways alone to grow, you are doing youtube wrong

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think most giveaways are legit. I don't think they do what people think they will, which is bring in active subscribers. I've seen a number of creators (including really big creators, like grav3yardgirl) who have been harassed relentlessly whenever they do a giveaway, because people honestly think they're entitled to win just because they've been subscribed to someone for a while.

Overall, I think giveaways can be a decent boost and can get your subscribers excited about watching, etc., but I think they can be overdone and you have to be careful about bringing people who don't want anything except to enter a contest to your channel.