Anyway to use copy written music?

mbherdman

Reaction score
So next year I'm going to be working on some videos and I have an idea that would involve clips of music/music videos. Is there anyway to get around the whole copy right thing, like tweak the audio or anything like that? Or just ANYTHING at all I could do about the situation? Thanks so much for all your input.

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Sure you can tweak the music to keep Content-ID from detecting it, but doing that only to avoid detection doesn't make it legal to do, so I wouldn't recommend it. The only ways to legally use that content would be to get permission or use it in a way that would be protected under Fair Use. That still wouldn't prevent it from being detected by Content-ID so you'd still have to fight the claims. In that case, tweaking it to avoid detection would be fine, since you are already okay using it. Drastically changing the speed, like 70% normal speed, is the only way I've found, but I'm sure distorting it beyond a certain point would work as well.

Nanomichael

Reaction score
or you can use non copyrighted music like ncs music it's non copyrighted music fair to use check it on youtube
and i do simmilar with my channel

mbherdman

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks you guys!

Yeah I wasn't gonna do it unless it was legal. I wasn't sure if there was like a small amount you could use or you could distort it in some way that you would be fine.

Thank you!

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I wasn't sure if there was like a small amount you could use or you could distort it in some way that you would be fine.
As already mentioned, there is no legal way to do what you're asking.

That said, YouTube has licensing deals in place for the vast majority of popular music so, if you were to use some, it would likely be picked up by Content ID, and they would monetize the video on their behalf...but it would remain online and no copyright strikes would be issued.

Otherwise, if you're looking to avoid any copyright issues whatsoever, then it's best to strictly only use content you yourself create or own the proper written permissions to do so.

mbherdman

Reaction score
If I wanted to do the option like how you are mentioning, what would I need the video set as to ensure no copyright strikes against me and for it to be monetized in their favor?

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
If I wanted to do the option like how you are mentioning, what would I need the video set as to ensure no copyright strikes against me and for it to be monetized in their favor?
You can find that at: youtube.com/music_policies
Look up any song you wish to use and see the restrictions.

mbherdman

Reaction score
AH AWESOME!!!!!!

Yeah I don't care about getting credit for stuff that isn't mine. I just want to be able to have a little more creative freedoms without having to worry about getting strikes.

YouTuber1978

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Stumbled upon this thread looking for something else. Wanted to just add some info. When you go to youtube.com/music_policies you'll see almost every song out there listed as available for use - especially in cover versions - you just can't monetize on 99% of them. What YouTube doesn't really explain is that you can actually monetize most of these videos but you need to have two types of liscenses. Ones called a mechanical license that gives you the right to the words/melody. The others called a synchronization license and gives you the right to sync the music to a derivative work (in this case a video). Trust me when I say this - super easy to get a mechanical license - just google HFA license. Massive pain in the a** to get a sync license because you have to work it out directly with the publisher. I've found one company that has automated the process for covers - we are the hits .com . Down side is they take 60% of the revenue of the video but you can legally monetize and because they've synced with YouTube on the platform it won't flag on content ID.

Reactions: mbherdman