Anyone find it hard to manage time?

Spectre677

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You are on the right track and you have the upload speed to do it and if all else fails do what I did make yourself a YouTube Upload rota I never get the same 2 days off each week so I have a rota for those days off to do the Gameplay and start them uploading while I get on with my day keep going you will be fine mate.

Reactions: Bow2WildChicken

Bow2WildChicken

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
right now, my limit is the rendering process. That takes about 2 hours for every 30 mins. and when i render, i cant really do anything else. Dampens the time. So i think while videos render, is when im going to socialize with people like on here :)

Reactions: Spectre677

Spectre677

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That's a good idea you can also watch some of your fave YouTubers and comment on their videos interact with the community or go on Facebook and things like that and talk on there some one will always be ready to talk and engage we may sleep but the world as whole never does.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There is only so much time. And if you don't pace yourself you will find yourself getting burnt out rather quick. At least, that is the case for me. I try my best to do as much as possible whilst maintaining my personal life.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the strategy/technique advice forum.^^

I find it difficult to gather enough time and energy to make YouTube videos. I think it's important to figure out what time of day you work best, and then try to squeeze in some video production time during that time. For me, it's in the mornings, but lately I've had too much stuff going on to really get any extra work done in the mornings..=(

Arachnophobik

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Tell me about it :/ With college, and other stuff going on, it's very hard to be consistent with your schedule. That's why I don't have an upload schedule :/ I just aim to publish at least one video a week.

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's tough, and it is getting harder the more subscribers there are. It's because the expectations are higher, I feel like the quality of the videos have to be higher, more engaging, and always have fresh ideas down the pipeline. Because you don't want to disappoint the subs by releasing crappy videos.

I also have this fear that if the schedule or quality drops and the views drop, the channel will lose authority and start to degrow, so there is the pressure to keep it up. Professional channels in our genre have set an incredibly high standard of quality and creativity, and the only way to get to those levels is to have equally awesome content. That takes a lot of time.

Finding the time for all that is challenging, especially with my wife working full time and 2 kids and schools and all the other things going on. We usually film in batches, so last time there was good weather the car was fully loaded with plush toys and costumes, and the kids off to the parks for filming. Then the videos are processed over the following 1-2 weeks. It's basically a 24 hour operation at the moment, so we can be filming at 9pm before bed or 6am before school and the videos are processed and rendered overnight. Daytime is toy hunting, researching, cleaning, prepping, sleeping.

avilsd

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You could always render everything throughout the night. It helps save a bunch of time. I never turn off my computer unless there's like a power outage, I mean it's what computers are meant for. As long as you have good cooling of course.