Anyone else in the Kids or Toys space having a really bad year?

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
My views have been going down all year. Maybe down 90%. Feels like youtube is killing my channel. Was planning on doing more creative content but not sure if thats what youtube wants anymore with all these COPPA issues. Can't tell if its my channel or just youtube making some big changes for regulatory bodies. I was really enjoying making toy videos and would hate to give it up. I tried to be a good content creator and not do things I'm not ok with. even if it meant slower growth. But this is more like a slow death. Anyone else in same category experiencing declines too?

Attachments

NtotheE

Reaction score
This is our kids singing channel today. 99% drop out. We’ve heard from four other channels with the same issue.

Reactions: FamilyToyReview

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
This is our kids singing channel today. 99% drop out. We’ve heard from four other channels with the same issue.
View attachment 43282
huge drop. what a bummer. i just made a dinosaur song video so this is bad timing. im afraid to post videos. kind of a waste of time uploading if youtube is going to squash any views.

just Moto

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Media cube sent out an email today with a mention / rumour something along the lines of all children's channels may be getting advertising pulled from them. I only glanced at it though and have since deleted it so maybe check their website

JackJack

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We are down 50% from our normal viewership in the last 48 hours. I'm not sure its related to COPPA... I think it's more another algorithm change that just so happens to adversely affect what kids' channels are optimized for.

NtotheE

Reaction score
So like replacing youtubers with celebrities, they’re replacing small kids channels with household names in kids tv... great.

MeachamLake

Reaction score
This must be because they've finally realised that moderating independent content is a totally impossible task - trusted 'household names' will never cause them any problems in terms of kids content and appropriateness. Sad.

JackJack

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's not about killing the small guy... its a huge selection of kids channels across the board. Look at the views for Cocomelon and Vlad and Nikita for example... they got hammered, too. (Although I'm sure we'd all love to have even their reduced views!!!)

Reactions: MeachamLake