Anyone Edit with After Effects Rather Than Premiere?

HONGSHI

Reaction score
I just want to know if anyone here edits videos using After Effects rather than Premiere.

I usually do all my cuts and such on Premiere but if I wanted to do some special effects I'd do them in AE and import them to Premiere.

Do you think it would be more effective to use After Effects alone to save time or should I just keep alternating between the two?

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I found this with Movie Studio Platinum and HitFilm (the counterparts to those two) as well, but you should stick with editing in Premiere because it's a lot friendlier overall when it comes to cutting video up. You can sync things better by looking at sound waveforms (at least more easily as far as I know) and it's just easier to cut things up and place them where you want to, in my opinion. I had a massive project that used a lot of premiere's dynamic link that might have slowed things down (even with "render and replace"), but it's ultimately better to edit in the video editor and just use the link with your vfx software.

Reactions: HONGSHI

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the recording / editing / production / software / hardware forum. :)

Reactions: HONGSHI

HONGSHI

Reaction score
Moved to the recording / editing / production / software / hardware forum. :)
Thank you!

I'm sorry for not understanding WHERE to post this topic!

I'll do my best in the future so I don't post WRONG TOPICS in the WRONG THREAD.[DOUBLEPOST=1512671085,1512670063][/DOUBLEPOST]
I found this with Movie Studio Platinum and HitFilm (the counterparts to those two) as well, but you should stick with editing in Premiere because it's a lot friendlier overall when it comes to cutting video up. You can sync things better by looking at sound waveforms (at least more easily as far as I know) and it's just easier to cut things up and place them where you want to, in my opinion. I had a massive project that used a lot of premiere's dynamic link that might have slowed things down (even with "render and replace"), but it's ultimately better to edit in the video editor and just use the link with your vfx software.
Thank you so much for your input!

I guess I'll just keep doing that. It is a little more time consuming but definitely effective!

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thank you!

I'll do my best in the future so I don't post WRONG TOPICS in the WRONG THREAD.[DOUBLEPOST=1512671085,1512670063][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thank you so much for your input!

I guess I'll just keep doing that. It is a little more time consuming but definitely effective!
You're welcome! I thought about doing that myself quite a few times, but it's just a lot easier to use the editor. I dunno if it'd make a program too bloated to make it all in one or if it's just greed making them force us to buy two different programs, but I would like to have them all together. Premiere has motion tracking in it that's very much like what vfx software has, so that can eliminate the need for it sometimes. I think if you use too much dynamic linking in one sequence on a big project, it will freeze up a lot. That's what happened with my last one. It was BEYOND frustrating.

HONGSHI

Reaction score
You're welcome! I thought about doing that myself quite a few times, but it's just a lot easier to use the editor. I dunno if it'd make a program too bloated to make it all in one or if it's just greed making them force us to buy two different programs, but I would like to have them all together. Premiere has motion tracking in it that's very much like what vfx software has, so that can eliminate the need for it sometimes. I think if you use too much dynamic linking in one sequence on a big project, it will freeze up a lot. That's what happened with my last one. It was BEYOND frustrating.
Oh I see! That's a good thing to know in the future!

Thank you so much for your INSIGHT in the matter! I really appreciate it!

Reactions: daniel burgio