Any Vloggers use higher end editing software?

And_Roo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Personally I'm not a huge editor. I go through my clips, take out what's not needed or the long lengthy pauses when I'm trying to not sound like a moron, unless I laugh at myself...then I leave it in there hahaha. I just use simple iMovie that came with my MacBook pro. Does the trick and it's nothing fancy. I have problems exporting here and there but overall it works just fine for what I need with editing software. Anyone use better software? And if so is it worth the investment to learn the more in depth editing for simple vlog videos? Love to hear peoples opinions and feedback on this!

Oh kinda off topic but I'm using an external mic for my GoPro for obvious reasons. I'm getting a hissing noise out of my mic when I watch the playback. It even showed up in the final edit when I uploaded it to Youtube. I've been reading on it and I think I might just have a crap mic adaptor for the GoPro, I'm gonna go pick an actual gopro brand one today and see if that fixes it. If it doesn't, anyone have any other ideas on why it's making the noise??

Mikeyy

asian persuasion
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I use final cut pro for my vlogs even though I just do the same as you as far as cut out whatever is unwanted. If that is all you want to give to your viewers then iMovie is perfect. If you want to go above and beyond and throw in some nice effects in there, then final cut pro is perfect.

And_Roo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I use final cut pro for my vlogs even though I just do the same as you as far as cut out whatever is unwanted. If that is all you want to give to your viewers then iMovie is perfect. If you want to go above and beyond and throw in some nice effects in there, then final cut pro is perfect.
Final Cut Pro, got it! I'll look into that, thanks man!

KanesThoughts

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i use sony vegas pro 12, overkill i think, but i enjoy it. my most recent video is a vlog i made with it if you're interested, however i dont think you'll need more than imovie or final cut if you're going ham.

And_Roo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
i use sony vegas pro 12, overkill i think, but i enjoy it. my most recent video is a vlog i made with it if you're interested, however i dont think you'll need more than imovie or final cut if you're going ham.
I had Sony Vegas pro on my old computer and I never spent enough time with it to get use to it lol But if it comes down to it maybe I'll check it out again!

Occasional Vlog

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
We're using Adobe Premiere Pro CC to edit our vlogs, definitely overkill, but decided from the beginning that we wanted something that we couldn't possibly grow out of. Also chose to use a super powerful windows laptop (Asus Zenbook Pro) as Apple made a decision a couple of years ago to limit the GPU's it puts in to its machines to middle of the road processors, not that great of your editing film that's 1080p60 as well are.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Jake Fuller

I Vlog, Therefore I Am
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
After Effects for some things, and Premiere Pro. for video editing, then Lightroom & Photoshop for everything else. I have never really used anything else but I know a lot of people who use iMovie and Final Cut.

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
i use premiere pro for editing and a canon 600D for filming and my iphone for on the go vlogs i have the whole creative cloud membership so i also have aftereffects but i havent got the hang of it haha so i barely use it

James Walker

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I back the Final Cut Pro X idea, it's a great piece of software (that is just like an extension to iMovie) - a lot of the shortcuts are the same, but you have a tonne of added benefits. From adding third-party add-ons, to just being able to have a lot more creative control, it's just the logical upgrade. It's pricey, but I think it's been worth it for me!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Premiere Pro is overkill, but I use it as well. (See my latest video about sleep.) You'll notice that there are some effects on that, which are very easy to use in PP. THat's why I use it.