Status
Not open for further replies.

ChineseIrish

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I love the idea of making a daily vlog.
But realistically, I can't figure out how to make the time to have a life worth vlogging, (i.e. working, going out and doing things, meeting people), while vlogging, and then editing and uploading everyday.

Was wondering if anyone on this thread has experience of doing this and what was doing the schedule like?

Kate's Adventures

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've been wondering this too, as well as how they keep their videos interesting with videos about "normal days" when nothing is going on.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For the most part people who do daily vlogs also are full time YouTubers. After reaching success with their main channel they branch out and create one for daily vlogs and since they are full time on YT they have time for a lot of activities. Now as you said it's a struggle for normal people and that's why small channels should stay away from DAILY vlogs. However if vlogging brings you joy than you should definitely do it, just vlog ifyou are doing something exciting that day, or going on a trip, vacation etc.

Dazb4t

Trainee You Tube Extrodinaire.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Ranter, Reviewer, Other
Out of interest how many vlogs of daily vloggers are you watching currently???

Mr Tubz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
My friend tried this before, and it really seemed a bit odd for him. Because as you say, you are living your life, then through a camera, then somehow find time to edit and upload that. He ended up stopping, but now he helps me with my channel. I would honestly suggest a more high quality weekly video rather than daily videos.

Of course this is just my opinion so hopefully it helped!

Bri Johnson

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you can't do a daily vlog then try a weekly vlog!! Pick something interesting you're doing one day to record, or find something to talk about that day, and do that throughout the week. Then, on Sunday, edit all the clips together, put some music, and there you go! I'm beginning to vlog too and I wanted to start out doing daily vlogs but I have a very uninteresting life so I figured I'd do something like this and then figure out another video to do throughout the week so that it's not JUST vlogs. Anyways, I hope that helped!!

Reactions: ChineseIrish

pamplemousse

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian
Firstly, make sure you want to make daily vlogs because you want to. I find the best daily vloggers of small channels are ones that daily vlog because they want to document their lives for themselves.

If you feel that your life is not interesting enough for daily vlogging, I would suggest exactly what Bri said above! Do a weekly vlog, where you smash together some of your highlights and it gives you time to create some good quality content!

Maybe daily/weekly vlogging could have an effect on your lifestyle and push you to do more interesting things? That is a positive in itself!

One idea that is a bit out there is to pick a very big goal that you really want to achieve and daily/weekly blog your journey to get there. Viewers will watch to see how you are getting on with your goal/see how far you have come and a community can form around watching/helping you to achieve your goal.

I hope some of this information helps :)

ChineseIrish

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Out of interest how many vlogs of daily vloggers are you watching currently???
I used to watch Pewdiepie's vlog when he did a daily vlog and I enjoyed it.
These days I'm working my way through Casey Niestat's vlogs. He's a real inspiration for me and what made me consider vlogging in the first place. (totally look up his channel) He's been doing a daily vlog for the better part of a year and does say he loses a lot of sleep just cause editing takes so long.

Firstly, make sure you want to make daily vlogs because you want to. I find the best daily vloggers of small channels are ones that daily vlog because they want to document their lives for themselves.

Maybe daily/weekly vlogging could have an effect on your lifestyle and push you to do more interesting things? That is a positive in itself!

I have a bunch of personal reasons to may the vlogs, the three most prominent ones being,
1) Having a more exciting life like you said, (having the guts to go talk to someone i wanted to talk to under the guise of an interview or having a 'work' related excuse to go to an interesting place)
2) My memory really really sucks about my own experiences, so vlogging is as much for myself as everyone else.
3) I'm a creative, but a perfectionist. Often I get scared to create things for fear they won't live up to my expectations. But daily or regular vlogging are only a one day thing, and tomorrow you have another go. There's not much time to sit and dwell and demoralise myself, just keep working.

pamplemousse

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian
I used to watch Pewdiepie's vlog when he did a daily vlog and I enjoyed it.
These days I'm working my way through Casey Niestat's vlogs. He's a real inspiration for me and what made me consider vlogging in the first place. (totally look up his channel) He's been doing a daily vlog for the better part of a year and does say he loses a lot of sleep just cause editing takes so long.

I have a bunch of personal reasons to may the vlogs, the three most prominent ones being,
1) Having a more exciting life like you said, (having the guts to go talk to someone i wanted to talk to under the guise of an interview or having a 'work' related excuse to go to an interesting place)
2) My memory really really sucks about my own experiences, so vlogging is as much for myself as everyone else.
3) I'm a creative, but a perfectionist. Often I get scared to create things for fear they won't live up to my expectations. But daily or regular vlogging are only a one day thing, and tomorrow you have another go. There's not much time to sit and dwell and demoralise myself, just keep working.
I know exactly what you mean about perfectionism! There is always that nagging feeling saying 'I probably could've done more'. I think you should just dive into it! You will see your vlogs get better and better each day and you can look back at fond memories - I see no big reason why not to :)

Status
Not open for further replies.