An Inconsistent Schedule

Omeo

Reaction score
Hey, everyone.

Does anyone know if it's bad to have an inconsistent publishing schedule, as long as we're posting at least once a week? For example, if I post one video this week, three videos next week, two videos the week after that, one video the week after that, two videos the week after that, etc, would that hurt my channel? Would that be as bad as posting once every two or three weeks? I'd like to post three videos a week, but I'm not sure I can generate enough content to do that consistently. So, again, is it cool if I post UP TO three videos a week, but not three videos every week, as long as I'm consistently posting at least one video a week?

Thanks very much, everyone.

Quick Question

Questions Answer Everything
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It won't matter until you reach a higher number of subscribers. Me personally I have a schedule because I like structure and I want to put out as many videos as possible without being overwhelmed. In the future you will want one for sure, your fans like your content and are invested but if you post sporadically they will not know if the one video a week turns to inactivity.

Omeo

Reaction score
I see. Thank you. ^_^

Omeo

Reaction score
Doesn't that hurt your growth rate? I've been told repeatedly that you need to publish at least once a week.

Quick Question

Questions Answer Everything
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Doesn't that hurt your growth rate? I've been told repeatedly that you need to publish at least once a week.
Every advice video and YouTuber says that. YouTubes algorithm for displaying videos and channels will push you up if they know you are putting content out frequently. In Scootakip's case I'd say make one video occasionally than no video. Yes it will hurt though.

Reaction score
A consistent schedule is usually more important then the number of videos per week. I would focus on trying to have videos ready to publish ahead of time so you can make them live at the same time each week. If you can only do two comfortably and consistently then just do two.

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Eh, I do Youtube as a hobby so I don't care all too much. Even so, I grow slowly, though, so I'm fairly happy.

Omeo

Reaction score
A consistent schedule is usually more important then the number of videos per week. I would focus on trying to have videos ready to publish ahead of time so you can make them live at the same time each week. If you can only do two comfortably and consistently then just do two.
But if I'm posting every week, isn't that consistent enough? Does it have to be the same number of videos every week?

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
posting like 3 times a year didn't stop my channel, but It did make growth very very slow.
Just post what your comfortable doing. don't worry too much about it as long as what you are putting out is worth a watch

Reactions: Omeo