Am I using tags right?

The green number on keywords is the rank, the lower that number is the higher in the search it shows. That as well as the rating tubebuddy gives you are great ways to see how your keyword stacks up. I would only use keywords that hit 70 or above on the rating unless it's ranked. Sometimes a score of 40 will somehow be ranked in a search so I might keep that.

I haven't heard this. I figure the more keywords the better, the more searches your video will belong to. The more chances someone will find it.

It's something I've seen pop up while doing research and in this course I took that suggested you should have between 5-10 and that the first few keywords hold more weight. I might play around with it but I was curious to see if it even mattered.

Use a mix of singular / double / 3 words
I rarely use a tag of 4 words or more (But i do sometimes)
Use the same tags but mix them around - For Example - My Green Bus / Green Bus thats mine / Bus thats Green etc etc you get the point
And max out the tag field of 500 characters

Good to know. Thanks! :)

The green number on keywords is the rank, the lower that number is the higher in the search it shows. That as well as the rating tubebuddy gives you are great ways to see how your keyword stacks up. I would only use keywords that hit 70 or above on the rating unless it's ranked. Sometimes a score of 40 will somehow be ranked in a search so I might keep that.

Gotcha, I just found out about tube buddy today, so I will be checking it out this weekend.

So messing with tube buddy, still figuring out how it works properly, but i recommend it for anyone not using it, seems like with some research it can really help out.

I use Google AdWords to research my tags. I usually start with my video title and then see what's related. I'm looking for tags with low competition right now and only use 6 to 10.

Using a variety of words help. I have videos with the title 60 second super cars, mixing the same words up helps and just anything car related

Back