Am I the only one?

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Sorry you're having such a long time uploading. I've occasionally let the computer render/encode a video overnight, if it has a bunch of effects in it, so maybe uploading like that could be a tactic?

Reactions: malen

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Yow! 10 hours! I hope it would not time out after 90%! I've met a lot of nice people from the Philippines so I hope you can succeed too

chottom

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey there guys, it's me Maryline, 18 from the Philippines and there are a lot of stuff that stops me from regularly uploading videos... but the number one is the slow internet connection. and by slow... I mean SLOOOOOOOOOW... It takes me 10hrs to upload a 15min part of a shortfilm. if you are suffering like i am, how do you deal with it? please help me :)
Recently we bought a new laptop. With my old PC usually it takes 5 min to upload a movie. With the new laptop it takes more than 90 min (the same movie and the same IP).Obviously YouTube is intentionally throttling the connection because of untrusted new device. The only way around I think is to develop further your channel and with time the speed will improve significantly (your PC will become "trusted").

malen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Recently we bought a new laptop. With my old PC usually it takes 5 min to upload a movie. With the new laptop it takes more than 90 min (the same movie and the same IP).Obviously YouTube is intentionally throttling the connection because of untrusted new device. The only way around I think is to develop further your channel and with time the speed will improve significantly (your PC will become "trusted").
Never thought about that... I use my laptop (bought last October) to upload. Maybe that's why it takes that long to upload. Thanks for informing me!!! :D

Reactions: chottom

Crogamer11

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey there guys, it's me Maryline, 18 from the Philippines and there are a lot of stuff that stops me from regularly uploading videos... but the number one is the slow internet connection. and by slow... I mean SLOOOOOOOOOW... It takes me 10hrs to upload a 15min part of a shortfilm. if you are suffering like i am, how do you deal with it? please help me :)
Maybe download Handbrake and reduce your video file

Olivea-Sea

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Oh wow that is horrible! I was already whiny when a 4k upload took 4 hours >< Don't know how you manage to go on like that! I hope you'll get faster internet soon!

PinProject

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
ouch! why don't you upload it right before you sleep and when you wake up it's up?

Seroths

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I cry under my bed... I live in La Réunion... and I must have the Slowest Internet of the island...
One time it took 48h to upload a video...

Reactions: malen and Kelkschiz