Am I Doing Something Wrong? Very Slow growth..

Maffew

Hey YouTube folks! I've been working very hard on my YouTube channel now for roughly 3 months. Its a gaming channel (shock!) I post weekly content 4-5 videos a week. I've worked very hard on branding and on promotion (twitter, facebook, reddit etc.) I am really enjoying what I do at the moment, whether its recording, editing and I get a great buzz when I upload new content! Awesome!

Heres the problem.. I'm currently on 49 subs and I get roughly 30-40 views on each video. Now up until recently those numbers meant nothing to me, I didn't know whether they were good or not. However, after doing research on other small channels, it turns out I'm growing rather slowly. Now I know I shouldn't be "YouTubing" just to be successful and I'm not, I love doing what I do. It just came as a shock to me how slow I am growing considering the time and effort I've put in.. Basically, what am I doing wrong? Has anyone else been in this situation? Thanks guys :)

Our growth and channels are shockingly similar to be quite honest (you just got your 50th sub btw :D Good stuff in there) and from what I've seen this growth is quite normal for small gaming channels.

I know there are some other small gaming channels that seem to faster, but they don't rack up that many views. Only subscribers, which doesn't always account for more views.

In my opinion you are doing just fine. Content and commentary look really good! It's a grinding game this youtube. Especially for a saturated gaming channel market. Keep it up!

Our growth and channels are shockingly similar to be quite honest (you just got your 50th sub btw :D Good stuff in there) and from what I've seen this growth is quite normal for small gaming channels.

I know there are some other small gaming channels that seem to faster, but they don't rack up that many views. Only subscribers, which doesn't always account for more views.

In my opinion you are doing just fine. Content and commentary look really good! It's a grinding game this youtube. Especially for a saturated gaming channel market. Keep it up!

Honestly man its good to hear someone say that! I was getting really disheartened by the whole thing, but i'll keep it up. Its nice to see that this is fairly normal. And thanks for the sub man! Finally hit 50! haha! Also I checked your channel, love the thumbnails man! Great channel :)

It's good that you're enjoying yourself and making good contents at the same time, but your contents' subjects are too common.

Remember, even if you create great contents, not that many people knows you yet, so why should they watch your let's plays or xcom character creation if they can watch the exact same type of subjects on some other people's channel who's already more popular? Try making videos about more specific stuff in your niche, such as current issues with the games you're playing, possible solutions, etc.

Try making videos about more specific stuff in your niche, such as current issues with the games you're playing, possible solutions, etc.
I agree with you a bit. But if you don't like to do such things than it's probably not a good idea.

On the other hand, if you would like to grow faster it might be an option. It has its pros and cons either way

Patience my friend, I actually think you are doing excellent in just 3 months. the views to subs ratio is really good.

Patience my friend, I actually think you are doing excellent in just 3 months. the views to subs ratio is really good.

Thanks man :) Good to hear that.

It's good that you're enjoying yourself and making good contents at the same time, but your contents' subjects are too common.

Remember, even if you create great contents, not that many people knows you yet, so why should they watch your let's plays or xcom character creation if they can watch the exact same type of subjects on some other people's channel who's already more popular? Try making videos about more specific stuff in your niche, such as current issues with the games you're playing, possible solutions, etc.

And I understand what your saying. I do have some nifty ideas for the near future. Thanks for the advice and compliments everyone :) much love!

Well, I've been doing YouTube since like the summer of 2015 and I'm only at like 42 subs this time around. But I guess I really dont upload consistently, I have very few videos out comparing to others. But I am not even complaining, because I dont look at ''other'' channels mostly, because I squeal in joy everytime I see even one person sub to me. I think in this forum I heard that getting to a 100 subs is even harder than to a 1000. So, patience is very important here. Just carry on, make good content, talk to people in the cumminty and it will happen :D

I would definitely say try working on your tags and SEO that can drive views, on some of my videos I have gotten tags and SEO very right and very wrong haha no the point is to get more views and grow SEO and tagging is so important along with doing niche content

Well, I've been doing YouTube since like the summer of 2015 and I'm only at like 42 subs this time around. But I guess I really dont upload consistently, I have very few videos out comparing to others. But I am not even complaining, because I dont look at ''other'' channels mostly, because I squeal in joy everytime I see even one person sub to me. I think in this forum I heard that getting to a 100 subs is even harder than to a 1000. So, patience is very important here. Just carry on, make good content, talk to people in the cumminty and it will happen :D

Thanks for the reply :) And thanks to everyone for the motivation!

Back