Always Have to Approve Comments

GooberVlogs

Happy New Year
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
wazzzup everyone =)

So every know and again I will get a few comments and some will say I have to review them and others will show up automaticaly.... how come some comments I have to approve first... I know youtube has a thing where it kinda knows it's spam.. but I have had some subscribers just say for example good job... hope to see more videos or somthing like that and it will come up as spam.... I uderstand if its someone saying hey check out my channel bla bla but I have to approve normal comments sometimes...

Do you think youtube knows that the person has probably spammed before or somthing????

Sabrina

I'm going outside now.
Reaction score
Do you think youtube knows that the person has probably spammed before or somthing????
I believe that's it, or even when someone generally posts a lot of comments all over Youtube. You can do that thing, what's it called... "always approve comments from this user".

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
You can adjust these settings in the Creator Studio. The majority of mine are automatically approved, but if there's a link or the layout of the comment reads like a potential spambot, they're Held For Review or listed as Likely Spam. It's a good idea to check it often if you're likely to receive comments regularly, as some can slip through the cracks and you're not always notified.

Oh, and you can even filter out certain words, too! As my videos are educational, I hold any comments with swear words for review, just in case they're vulgar - although most of the time, they're harmless!

Reactions: GooberVlogs

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You can adjust these settings in the Creator Studio. The majority of mine are automatically approved, but if there's a link or the layout of the comment reads like a potential spambot, they're Held For Review or listed as Likely Spam. It's a good idea to check it often if you're likely to receive comments regularly, as some can slip through the cracks and you're not always notified.

Oh, and you can even filter out certain words, too! As my videos are educational, I hold any comments with swear words for review, just in case they're vulgar - although most of the time, they're harmless!
^ What she said.

A few months ago when I streamed people would spam the chat saying "play bad rats"
it got to the point that it went to my channel's videos.

It's all in good fun, nothing harmful but after a week they started to just show up as spam.

There must be some sort of bot that helps with all of that.

GooberVlogs

Happy New Year
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I believe that's it, or even when someone generally posts a lot of comments all over Youtube. You can do that thing, what's it called... "always approve comments from this user".
My Community settings are all default.. but it says allow all comments.... pretty sure youtube is right... and probably knows when people are spamming... I usually comment on videos because I am always on youtube... who needs cable :D[DOUBLEPOST=1453594738,1453594393][/DOUBLEPOST]

My Community settings are on default...Comments and messages from channels with more than 500 subscribers??? do you think i should uncheck that?

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
My Community settings are all default.. but it says allow all comments.... pretty sure youtube is right... and probably knows when people are spamming... I usually comment on videos because I am always on youtube... who needs cable :D[DOUBLEPOST=1453594738,1453594393][/DOUBLEPOST]
My Community settings are on default...Comments and messages from channels with more than 500 subscribers??? do you think i should uncheck that?
Yeah, I'd uncheck that. It means that others have a better chance of being seen, too.

Reactions: GooberVlogs

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I believe that's it, or even when someone generally posts a lot of comments all over Youtube.
Yes, that is what's happening. YouTube has detected that the person is posting a lot of comments over a very short period of time on several videos and therefore it's unlikely they're even watching the videos they're commenting on. In other words they're spamming.