After Effects vs Premier Pro

umbysworld

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I have both After Effects and Premier Pro, but I've never used Premier Pro. After Effects doesn't seem to like my computer because it usually fails to properly render videos with sound. Also, it doesn't seem to be able to properly render things as .mp4 which is annoying. I currently use After Effects for certain things, but then I have to change the .avi to .mp4 and import it into windows movie maker to finish.

So I was wondering about Premier Pro. Is anyone familiar with both programs and can tell me what the core differences are? I notice a lot of people using Premier Pro to edit gaming videos which are the types of videos I'm mostly concerned with.

Cvolton

I've Got It
Reaction score
After Effects are more used for special effects like CGI and stuff, while Premiere is a video editing software, which is used... well... like a video editing software

umbysworld

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
After Effects are more used for special effects like CGI and stuff, while Premiere is a video editing software, which is used... well... like a video editing software
hmm, so in other words... I don't need all the bells and whistles of AE.

doradong77

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
in editing i used Adope premiere , for video opening i made with after effect

Kevin Muldoon

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
hmm, so in other words... I don't need all the bells and whistles of AE.
After Effects is used for, well, effects. It's mainly used for creating titles, effects, animations etc.

Premiere Pro is where you should be doing your video editing as that is what it's designed for.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk