Advice on YouTube Network to Join?

TheStoryteller

Reaction score
I'm a relatively small YouTube Channel nearing 2'000 subscribers, and I was wondering if there was any advice you guys could give to someone hoping to join a network.

I mainly talk about video games (namely the Ace Attorney series) and occasionally do some sprite animations for it in the form of Phoenix Wrongs and Music Videos. I have 2 and a half years experience with this channel and that said, I've struggled with finding a place in which I fit in, in terms of YouTube Networks.
Any advice would be much appriciated.

Josh B

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Very rare that YouTube networks are worth it. Honestly most of them prey on small YouTubers who don't know that networks are phased out mostly, and they just steal revenue.

In rare cases they are beneficial, some provide free royalty free music libraries and such, but usually you have to have at least 5,000 subscribers for them to be helpful. Maybe some sponsorship deals here or there, but honestly I would just wait.

TheStoryteller

Reaction score
Very rare that YouTube networks are worth it. Honestly most of them prey on small YouTubers who don't know that networks are phased out mostly, and they just steal revenue.

In rare cases they are beneficial, some provide free royalty free music libraries and such, but usually you have to have at least 5,000 subscribers for them to be helpful. Maybe some sponsorship deals here or there, but honestly I would just wait.
You think?
What about Curse? I've heard some pretty good things about them.

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The Network will give you:
- Some minor copyright protection (which you can easily avoid by just studying all the details and tread lightly with content that's on the copyright fence)
- Audio Library or Two, the ones I've seen usually are about 10-15 bucks a month. Only benefit to this as a small channel is your earnings will be minimal so the 30-40% the Network gets will be a lot less than paying 10-15 bucks for just the audio library.
= Minor Extra control panel features and analytics features

It will not give you:
- Extra viewership
- Extra subs
- Any huge amount of attention, if any attention at all.

*Unless you have a massive sub base and they can pimp you out as a poster child for their Network

and they take a cut of your revenue for all that, things which you can easily do yourself.

I guess if you're earning nothing and aren't at risk of a long contract you could play around with the idea and try a network out to see if there's anything you see value in.

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm a relatively small YouTube Channel nearing 2'000 subscribers, and I was wondering if there was any advice you guys could give to someone hoping to join a network.

I mainly talk about video games (namely the Ace Attorney series) and occasionally do some sprite animations for it in the form of Phoenix Wrongs and Music Videos. I have 2 and a half years experience with this channel and that said, I've struggled with finding a place in which I fit in, in terms of YouTube Networks.
Any advice would be much appriciated.
Honestly unless they have tools for you to use I'd stay away. Just ask yourself if what they are offering is worth the cut they get. I joined Fullscreen mainly for the music libraries, but then I started getting 3rd party claims on stuff I should be able to use. At that point I was like "seeya!" and I'm not with any network now.

Kira.Yamaguchi

The Legend
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Designer
I'm not being a sellout or anything but you should check out Freedom. They are really easy to talk to and the community are filled with nice people.

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Why do you want to join a network and what, exactly, do you think they'll do for you?

SkeletalKing

Reaction score
What about click bombing? I heard of network protecting you from that...

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm partnershipped with Curse and have been since 1000 subs they are great.