Advice for growing my channel

karramsos

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi.

This is my first post and I hope I'm not irritating anyone.

I am new to Youtube and I've uploaded 72 videos and I'm mostly teaching about Python programming and data analysis.

I've got 90 subscribers so far and I'm looking for advice on how to grow the audience.

Is anyone doing something similar in this forum?

My goal is to increase revenue and also does anyone have any advice on how to make profits in any other way than ads/Adsense?

How can I, for example, attract sponsors or make revenue from product review/showcase?

What I've done so far is to promote on social media platforms as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.

My username on Youtube is: karramsos if you would like to check it out for feedback.

I would appreciate advice or pointers.

Thanks,

Karramsos

karramsos

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My bad.

I'll explore more - I just started to dig around and found a lot of useful stuff.

Thanks for the message :)

Reactions: Brandon

TechSpotJosh

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hi.

I am new to Youtube and I've uploaded 72 videos and I'm mostly teaching about Python programming and data analysis.

I've got 90 subscribers so far and I'm looking for advice on how to grow the audience.

My goal is to increase revenue and also does anyone have any advice on how to make profits in any other way than ads/Adsense?

How can I, for example, attract sponsors or make revenue from product review/showcase?

What I've done so far is to promote on social media platforms as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.

My username on Youtube is: karramsos if you would like to check it out for feedback.

Thanks,

Karramsos

Hey Karramsos. I only started YouTube about 3 weeks ago, I have four videos. I've gained 51 Subscribers in that time (and still growing.) This week I tried something completely different on YouTube and ran advertisements on YouTube itself promoting my channel. I set my budget at 1$ CAD per day for seven days. I'm currently on day five and I have 80 views for about $4.03. Looking at my YouTube analytics, these views are one of the highest % watched I get as well. So that is saying something. I wish I could tell you how many of them I converted to subscribers but I don't think YouTube has a way to do this. What I'm going to do next week is cancel all other forms of promotion that I have been using and put that money into promoting my channel. I think you're thinking too big at the moment with regards to making money on YouTube. You should be focused on growing your audience. You're probably going to have to make some small investments in order to do this. The only way to make more money is to have more people watch your videos and for longer periods of time.

Reactions: karramsos

karramsos

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey Karramsos. I only started YouTube about 3 weeks ago, I have four videos. I've gained 51 Subscribers in that time (and still growing.) This week I tried something completely different on YouTube and ran advertisements on YouTube itself promoting my channel. I set my budget at 1$ CAD per day for seven days. I'm currently on day five and I have 80 views for about $4.03. Looking at my YouTube analytics, these views are one of the highest % watched I get as well. So that is saying something. I wish I could tell you how many of them I converted to subscribers but I don't think YouTube has a way to do this. What I'm going to do next week is cancel all other forms of promotion that I have been using and put that money into promoting my channel. I think you're thinking too big at the moment with regards to making money on YouTube. You should be focused on growing your audience. You're probably going to have to make some small investments in order to do this. The only way to make more money is to have more people watch your videos and for longer periods of time.
Thanks man.

Appreciate you sharing this valuable info and advice.

I've been reading other posts here and I will definitely try your advice as well.

I agree that I might be thinking big, I guess I'm just preparing for something (have a hunch :p).

Small investments is the way to go I've tried that on Facebook, and will need to look into investing in Youtube ads.

Again thanks for taking the time to reply.

TechSpotJosh

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Thanks man.

Appreciate you sharing this valuable info and advice.

I've been reading other posts here and I will definitely try your advice as well.

I agree that I might be thinking big, I guess I'm just preparing for something (have a hunch :p).

Small investments is the way to go I've tried that on Facebook, and will need to look into investing in Youtube ads.

Again thanks for taking the time to reply.

If you don't mind me asking how successful were your Facebook ads? I haven't tried that yet and am considering it myself.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hi.

Thanks,

Karramsos

Hi, welcome to YTtalk.

I've moved your thread to the review / feedback forum. :)

For future reference: - Please note that the review forum is the only forum where active YTtalk members can ask for feedback on their videos and channel (including artwork) at the rate of no more than 1 request per week. We like to keep this sort of thread out of the main forums. :) If the review request complies with the review forum rules (at the top of the review forum), then they get approved by a member of staff.

Good luck.

karramsos

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you don't mind me asking how successful were your Facebook ads? I haven't tried that yet and am considering it myself.
Actually - the Facebook ads was to get people to join my Facebook Group, where I would share the videos from my channel.

So far it hasn't resulted in much subs or views, but I've gotten a bunch of likes on my Facebook Page. Might be able to drive traffic from there. Who knows, too early to say at the moment.[DOUBLEPOST=1489871942,1489871891][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hi, welcome to YTtalk.

I've moved your thread to the review / feedback forum. :)

For future reference: - Please note that the review forum is the only forum where active YTtalk members can ask for feedback on their videos and channel (including artwork) at the rate of no more than 1 request per week. We like to keep this sort of thread out of the main forums. :) If the review request complies with the review forum rules (at the top of the review forum), then they get approved by a member of staff.

Good luck.

Ok - thanks :)