Advice For A Motivated Newbie

Heather White

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am looking for a free or cheap editing software I can use on Iphone7 or Apple desktop. I'm also concerned about the video quality. When they are uploaded to YouTube, it seems like it loses the HD and looks static. Any advice?

Jon Fox

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I second investing in Adobe Premiere, but since you asked for a cheaper solution...
After some digging, I found a program called OpenShot. Look it up for Mac.
But at some point, invest in Adobe Premiere.

Dismal Bliss

www.BDRC.tv
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I would edit on a computer and never on a phone or mobile device, imo. The loss of quality could be a result of your internet connection. Click the Gear Icon on the video while it is playing and make sure that it is streaming at the desired quality.

LGS

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There is a program called Filmora. Its Mac and PC compatible. IIRC for a year it's 30-40 bucks. With a ton of features and a user friendly UI you can really get your feet wet before you take the plunge into more hardcore software.

Dismal Bliss

www.BDRC.tv
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I am testing out Premiere Pro CC 2017 right now and am loving it. However, it's subscription based.

Previously I was using Adobe Premiere Elements 13 which I still recommend. Probably does most things people need. I was also check out Cyberlink PowerDirector 15 but the lack of audio scrubbing on the timeline turns me off big time.

networkstudios

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
oh and if you want a higher production value if you can afford it i recommend after effects once you get use to it, its easy to use

RLGaming

Reaction score
What I can say is be yourself. Most people will most likely want to see a person being themselves. Do research about other youtubers and see what they do so you can get an idea of how to start off. That is what I did and I am doing ok. I might not have a lot of subs but I still keep going. Good Luck! :) I use IMovie cause it is easier for me but always use the one that you use the most because if you use a editing software that is expensive you wont know how to use it as much as the one you use normally,